USD bank account

Discussion in 'International Business' started by pbdesigns, Mar 7, 2018.

1. pbdesigns

pbdesigns UKBF Regular Free Member

108 8
    Hi guys

I'm spreading what I do in to Europe and the USA.

Through Fire Bank I've got a Euro currency bank account But I can't find anywhere I can get a USD bank account

I have a contractor in the US, so u need to be able to easily receive and send in USD without it keep converting into gbp until I want to 'withdraw some of to my GBP bank

Any recommendations??

Don't need anything fancy and don't need to be able to pay in cash. I was hoping thus was something one of the new challenger banks would be offering!

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 By: pbdesigns Member since: Nov 23, 2011
  2. MikeJ

MikeJ UKBF Big Shot Free Member

5,448 1,540
    We've got one with RBS. We also have a Euro and ZAR account with them.

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 By: MikeJ Member since: Jan 15, 2008
  3. Leo Salazar

Leo Salazar UKBF Newcomer Free Member

24 7
    Depending on what your business is, and how much you're transferring, try PayPal. You can set up various currency accounts and avoid prohibitive wire transfer fees between international banks.

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 By: Leo Salazar Member since: Sep 2, 2017
  4. pbdesigns

108 8
    I was planning to use Stripe to process the payment - and then dump it in to this account, and therefore avoid PayPal, but so far, looks like PayPal is the most sensible option.

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 By: pbdesigns Member since: Nov 23, 2011
  5. WinstonBe

WinstonBe UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    HSBC also offers USD, EURO as well as GBP account, but they will ask you to provide estimated volume.
    Depending on where you are, there might not be a branch for you. But after you have a bank account with them, everything is pretty much done online.

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 By: WinstonBe Member since: Mar 7, 2018
  6. Neil Lukins

Neil Lukins UKBF Newcomer Free Member

18 1
    HSBC are able to do most currency accounts. There is quite a lot of paperwork involved behind the scenes so don' expect a quick turn around.
    Everything is now taking longer to check and process and IRS and Facta forms need completing. Once set up you are ready to go and they will give you IBAN numbers and account info.

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 By: Neil Lukins Member since: Sep 7, 2017
  7. pbdesigns

108 8
    Posted: Mar 10, 2018 By: pbdesigns Member since: Nov 23, 2011
  8. jmann

jmann UKBF Contributor Free Member

39 0
    If you don't need traditional banks, you can use transferwise borderless account or revolut.

Posted: Mar 10, 2018 By: jmann Member since: Feb 27, 2016
  9. apricot

apricot UKBF Regular Free Member

287 22
    We have a US bank account via Currencies Direct. Speak to them, they might be able to help you

Posted: Mar 12, 2018 By: apricot Member since: Apr 7, 2012