Urgent help with employment history

Discussion in 'Employment & HR' started by Carla Bruni, Oct 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carla Bruni

Carla Bruni UKBF Newcomer

17 1
    Hello

I need your advice ASAP, please! I need an advice in my situation. I need to provide a 5 years employment history for my new job but the last small business where I worked is closed down and the new employer only accept a statement from HMRC, I have applied for the statement and received with....nothing! I was in shock. My former employer doesn't live in the UK and I have no contacts with them. I received a Working Tax Credit for a one year , therefore, how could they pay me WTC?
    Phoned them again HMRC but they said there could be a reason that my income was low to show them and this is a one of the reason I am not on HMRC .What should I do ? Any suggestions?

Posted: Oct 16, 2015 By: Carla Bruni Member since: Jul 10, 2012
  2. Newchodge

Newchodge UKBF Legend

15,993 4,515
    Do you have payslips from your last job?

Posted: Oct 16, 2015 By: Newchodge Member since: Nov 8, 2012
  3. Carla Bruni

17 1
    Just a few but for the whole period. I did not keep them as I was not needed them. Damn!
    Even I can tell them that I was paid in cash but does not help in my situation. They only accept a letter from HMRC and even I could proved all evidence of my employment from the nearest shops owners and they were happy to signed the letter, even a letter from the Landlord was attached (the premises owner), they still needed a statement from HMRC. Spoken to them riht now but they could not help me. I do not want to loose the job even the contract has been signed. The job is in airport.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  4. Newchodge

Newchodge UKBF Legend

15,993 4,515
    Do the payslips show details about the employer, especially their PAYE reference which will look like 111/AB12345

5. Carla Bruni

17 1
    Yes, they do

6. Newchodge

Newchodge UKBF Legend

15,993 4,515
    Did you earn more than £110 per week, roughly?

7. Carla Bruni

17 1
    It was a period when I earned more but they showed only 120/week. Unfortunately, the pay slips are not a proof for them. :( I am in trouble.

8. Newchodge

Newchodge UKBF Legend

15,993 4,515
    Contact HMRC again, with the PAYE reference, and details of what was on the payslips that you have. Ask them to confirm whether the PAYE reference is valid, and to confirm whether your pay was reported or not.

Incidentally, if you earned more, why don't the payslips show it? If there was an agreement between you and your ex employer to under-report your income, then you may be in trouble.

9. Carla Bruni

17 1
    Thank you Newchodge for the help, I have spoken to them and they have the PAYE but not my name. They said it could be because I did not earn enough to provide a record from my employer.
    :( I do not know what else can I do. Working Tax Credit department can see I was receiving a WTC but they cannot see my employment place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.