Unsolved Murders?

Discussion in 'Time Out' started by freecybermag, Feb 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freecybermag

freecybermag UKBF Newcomer Free Member

841 2
    Hi Gang

Can anyone tell me of some unsolved murders they know of over that has happened over the past 10 years in the UK. This is for an article I am doing for my magazine. I have googled almost every possible word for this and nothing comes up. I get lots for America but none for the UK.

Cheers all

Chris

Posted: Feb 1, 2006 By: freecybermag Member since: Oct 5, 2005
  2. Urban Space

Urban Space UKBF Newcomer Free Member

983 0
    Ermmm Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman? I don't think they ever got anyone for that. Ian Huntly never admitted to it.

AND before you all ask, it's a teacher day at school - I'm not skiving :lol:!

Liam

Posted: Feb 1, 2006 By: Urban Space Member since: Nov 23, 2005
  3. Jayne

Jayne UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,921 8
  4. freecybermag

841 2
    Jayne - you're a star, thanks for that.

Liam - Yeah right, school teachers day :lol: Whatever :lol: Don't Bulls**t and Bulls***ter, get to school you lout :lol: Only joking mate, enjoy your day off :lol: :lol:

5. Urban Space

983 0
    :lol:! I've already been up today to get my grades! B B B B B B B all the way :lol:! Except for one double D where they said my homework was 'causing concern' :x! I've done absolutely every single piece of homework that's ever been set :x! Grrr!!! Silly teacher!

Liam :lol:

6. freecybermag

841 2
    I'm really sorry Liam but the more I think of your reply the more I am laughing :lol: :lol:

If you speak to all the prison inmates about 95% will say they are innocent and never committed the crime therefore you say it goes unsolved although they have been convicted :lol: :lol: :lol:
    I'm really really sorry but I am imagining a Copper walking into his station and telling all his colleagues that he has over whelming evidence that Mr X has committed the crime and Mr X has been convicted of it but because he hasn't confessed to it we must look for the killer, although we have him :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry mate, I don't mean to take the mick and I mean nothing sarci by this but I am just laughing so much here :lol: :lol:

7. Jayne

2,921 8
    B's are great Liam, which subject did you get rubbish grades for?

Jayne

Posted: Feb 1, 2006 By: Jayne Member since: Aug 6, 2005
  8. freecybermag

841 2
    Well done on the grades by the way, you Swot :lol: :lol:

9. Urban Space

983 0
    Lol Leisure and Tourism. It's a silly subject anyway lol! The teacher mixes us up anyway lol, wouldn't be suprised if he'd given us all the wrong marks!

Anyway I'm off to freearcade.com now lol so seeya later!

Liam :lol:

10. creacom

creacom UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,338 35
    We have had quite a few in the press up here in Scotland recently that still remain to be solved. Try Google for....

Shamsudden Mahmood on the Isle of Orkney
    Arlene Fraser - Elgin
    Alistair Wilson - Nairn

The Elgin and Nairn ones are 5 mins in the car for eachother and still noone knows the full story of either.

There are two that are probably the most enduring mysteries up here and thats Renee Macrae and her son and Bible John.

Jacqui

Posted: Feb 1, 2006 By: creacom Member since: Oct 11, 2005
  11. sublime

sublime UKBF Newcomer Free Member

57 0
    Posted: Feb 1, 2006 By: sublime Member since: Feb 1, 2006
  12. easyasit

easyasit UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1,264 51
    I think it worth a mention that some time ago i was reading Jeffrey Archers Prison Diaries. Of which there are three in all.

These diaries i think give an interesting insight into prison life, and how and why prisoners got put away.
    In some cases it is quite shocking. As indeed are the conditons some of them live in. Like animals in some cases.
    I understand they are criminals, but is it not enough we have removed their liberty that we also have to make life unbearable as well?

Have a read of these diaries chris, they do make for a most interesting read

Al

Posted: Feb 2, 2006 By: easyasit Member since: Jan 7, 2006
  13. crus

crus UKBF Newcomer Free Member

811 0
    The Newalls in Jersey, don't think they ever found out who it was.

D

Posted: Feb 2, 2006 By: crus Member since: Dec 23, 2005
  14. Admiral Collections

Admiral Collections UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1,161 4
    Milly Dowler's case is still unsolved.

Nic :wink:

Posted: Feb 2, 2006 By: Admiral Collections Member since: Dec 2, 2005
  15. CG Effect

CG Effect UKBF Newcomer Free Member

552 2
    So if a murderer doesnt admit to be the murderer is he proved not to be the murderer?

Posted: Feb 2, 2006 By: CG Effect Member since: May 28, 2005
  16. Admiral Collections

Admiral Collections UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1,161 4

Dunno ask Jon, he is the legal eagle

Nic :wink:

Posted: Feb 2, 2006 By: Admiral Collections Member since: Dec 2, 2005
  17. bwglaw

bwglaw UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4,681 237
    In response to ImageMan's point:

Everyone is innocent until proven guilty. The burden of proof is on the Prosecution to prove beyond all reasonable doubt in order to persuade the jury/Magistrates to convict for the indicted offence, or for a lesser/more serious offence.

IE. Person arrested on charge of Murder. Case allocated to Court. Defendant pleads not guilty. Prosecution failed to prove 'intention' (a requirement for Murder) but Jury can find guilty for Manslaughter (intent not required)

An accused/Defendant does not have to admit to the crime, nor does he/she have to plead guilty. Silence can go against a Defendant. Forensic evidence alone can usually be sufficient to convict for the indicted offence, or a lesser/more serious offence

Jonathan

Posted: Feb 2, 2006 By: bwglaw Member since: Apr 8, 2005
  18. creacom

creacom UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,338 35
    Has anyone else heard of those cases in the USA where A is sent to prison for killing B.

A is released after say 20 years and discovers that B is infact alive ( say the body was never recovered and B then went into hiding )

So A then kills B for real this time and they cant put A to prison for it because he has already served time for killing that person in the first place !

Hard to follow maybe.....:? But true so I believe.

Posted: Feb 2, 2006 By: creacom Member since: Oct 11, 2005
  19. Jayne

2,921 8
    If you've already served the sentence for killing someone, you can kill them when you get out. Well that's what happened on this film I watched :D

Jayne

Posted: Feb 2, 2006 By: Jayne Member since: Aug 6, 2005
  20. bwglaw

bwglaw UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4,681 237
    How can a Defendant be found guilty for murder if there is no corpse?... where was the evidence obtained from?

Jonathan

Posted: Feb 2, 2006 By: bwglaw Member since: Apr 8, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.