unsolicited emails Chris Cardell

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by ethical PR, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ethical PR

ethical PR UKBF Legend Free Member

7,062 1,544
    Has anyone else had problems with being bombarded with unsolicited emails from Chris Cardell?

I haven't given him permission to contact me and have asked for him to removed me from his subscriber list yet the emails continue.

Posted: Apr 29, 2009 By: ethical PR Member since: Apr 19, 2009
  2. Ashley_Price

Ashley_Price UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

7,114 1,309
    It sounds like that you have slipped up by asking to be removed from the subscriber list - this is often used by unscrupulous spam email senders to actually confirm that the addresses they are sending to are live (after all, who would ask for an non-live email address to be unsubscribed?).

It is always best never to use the "unsubscribe from this list" option unless you remember subscribing to it in the first place.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
    Posted: Apr 29, 2009 By: Ashley_Price Member since: Feb 9, 2008
  3. ethical PR

7,062 1,544
    actually I didnt as I was aware of that trick

I emailed him directly!

4. Ashley_Price

7,114 1,309
    Erm... you still let him know it was live by responding.

5. BusinessIdeas

BusinessIdeas UKBF Newcomer Full Member

2,948 245
    Just put him on your blocked email list?

Posted: Apr 29, 2009 By: BusinessIdeas Member since: Aug 23, 2006
  6. jadexsoln

jadexsoln UKBF Newcomer Free Member

63 15
    I agree with CrewGirl. Simplest answer is to put him on your blacklist at the server if possible. You could consider setting a bounce back up to turn his mail straight back round to him - if you think his address is genuine or nor some poor sop whose machine has been hijacked somewhere. But it's probably not worth the effort.......................

Posted: Apr 29, 2009 By: jadexsoln Member since: Apr 16, 2009
  7. Ashley_Price

7,114 1,309
    I agree you should just block unsolicited emails.

I was making the point that you should never show that the email address they have is live by replying, emailing or asking to be taken off the list (unless you remember subscribing).

8. ethical PR

7,062 1,544
    thanks everyone for the advice. Yes I have blocked him too.

Sometimes though when I block a company I still get their emails, just coming from a slightly different address.

Will let you know if it's does the trick this time.

9. limotek

limotek UKBF Newcomer Free Member

83 3
    Yes they are very crafty, changing the name of the person who is emailing so it cannot be blocked. Well good luck.

Posted: Apr 29, 2009 By: limotek Member since: Jul 3, 2008
  10. ethical PR

7,062 1,544
    not sure whether publicity on here or blocking, but seems to have stopped the spams so thanks everyone

Posted: May 1, 2009 By: ethical PR Member since: Apr 19, 2009
  11. tb1234

tb1234 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

159 37
    Permission's not required for B2B emails in the UK. He may have guessed it from you domain name. e.g. if your domain name is ethicalpr.com a mail to [email protected] or [email protected] is likely to get someone.

Posted: May 1, 2009 By: tb1234 Member since: Feb 19, 2009
  12. JamieM

JamieM UKBF Ace Free Member

2,285 344
    It's unlikely that Chris would have signed you up, more likely that a third party has done so.

Using the unsubscribe link would have been your best bet. Chris might be an aggressive marketer but I'm pretty sure he plays by the rules on the spam front.

Posted: May 2, 2009 By: JamieM Member since: Mar 22, 2006
  13. gillyfleur

gillyfleur UKBF Regular Free Member

100 19
    I signed up for his emails but got sick of the constant barrage and so clicked on the unsubscribe. They did stop - for a few months - but they've started again now so he can't be that ethical !! Does anyone listen to his phone ins ?

Posted: May 2, 2009 By: gillyfleur Member since: Oct 7, 2008
  14. Roj

Roj UKBF Newcomer Free Member

62 16
    The only way to stop these unsolicited emails is to use a product like SpamArrest. This will only let through emails from people on your white list. It will send an email back to anyone who is not on your whitelist to confirm who they are so you only receive emails from real people and not from invalid email addreses.
    Works great for me.

Posted: May 2, 2009 By: Roj Member since: Dec 18, 2008
  15. Coachhouse

Coachhouse UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Chris does send a lot of emails and if you fall for some of his stuff you can even spend a lot of money with him. Having said that I have learned a tremendous amount from him, all for absolutely nothing. So the bottom line is I recommend listening to and reading as much of the free stuff as you can get and the choice is yours if you want to go deeper and pay for it.
    I have no idea who he is but I am grateful for the information he has given me. Thanks Chris

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 By: Coachhouse Member since: Apr 21, 2008
  16. silklink

silklink UKBF Newcomer Free Member

348 42
    Sort of agree with Coachhouse. The advice I originally signed up for was good and wholesom. But now I get bombarded with his emails and they aren't that good. Remember, this is one person's advice and we have no idea who he is. I could spew out all the stuff I learnt from my MBA, but would my advice be considered credible and well-balanced?

I have his emails pop into my junk mail bin now. If you think his emails are a real pain you can endeavour to find where his domain is managed/registered and report the spam abuse to them.

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 By: silklink Member since: Sep 19, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.