Unable to find good employees. Anyone else have this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhereToGroup

Free Member
Jun 19, 2014
Wales
So many people think that because they can use photoshop to edit a picture or two they are a graphic designer these days. We've struggled hugely to find a new graphic designer since our last good one left - trial periods have been key in wheedling out the weak for us.

But, yes... If you're having so many issues hiring and maintaing staff I would say forget a recruitment agency - just get some HR consultation. They'll sort out procedures etc for you, and you don't have to hire them on the long term.

Upvote 0

HRinMinutes

Free Member
Jul 21, 2014
Definitely use HR advisors :) The main thing is to get excellent job descriptions, people and job specifications written and be shown a good recruitment system which delivers results each time its used.

There are great people out there but they may not always be looking for jobs, sometimes you need to approach them or attract them with well written adverts and use of 3rd parties. All on an as needed basis at a fraction of the costs of a recruitment agency.

Upvote 0

[email protected]

Free Member
Aug 14, 2014
YOU SHOULDN'T STRUGGLE WITH EMPLOYING EMPLOYEE'S
I have set up a recruitment company recently and offer the highest levels of customer service. Every time we take on a new client i deal with them directly. Each client has there exclusive recruitment consultant. I never send a candidate for an interview without at least meeting them twice and doing reference checks. Covered Recruitment is bringing back making it easier for the company looking to employ whilst only referring the most suited candidates with the desired personality traits.All this with very competitive rates, much cheaper than employing a HR department.

Upvote 0

[email protected]

Free Member
Aug 14, 2014
#
Definitely use HR advisors :) The main thing is to get excellent job descriptions, people and job specifications written and be shown a good recruitment system which delivers results each time its used.

There are great people out there but they may not always be looking for jobs, sometimes you need to approach them or attract them with well written adverts and use of 3rd parties. All on an as needed basis at a fraction of the costs of a recruitment agency.
Recruitment agents do not need to be expensive. Good recruiters also make sure you have employed the right candidate to lower risk!

Upvote 0

SwindonSteve

Free Member
Dec 18, 2013
Only candidates that I put forward, obviously not candidates that don't fit the criteria. The point is so the client has confidence in dealing with recruitment companies and I produce stand out candidates.
Heard it all before.

Unless you are recruiting at the upper medium to top end, a recruitment agency isn't worth the money. Even then they offer very little.

If you're recruiting for temporary staff, go for it. Hire and fire.

Either way, what they add to the whole process is limited.

Upvote 0

MBE1

Free Member
Jun 1, 2012
"Only thing was we found him through another recruitment agency. The person called us a day after the interviews and said forget going through the agency and save your money I will come and work for you. Seems to have worked out well for all of us."

Might have worked out for you two but this says a lot about both of you, how would you feel if this was done to yourself, say someone leaving with your client list to a competitor etc?

If you found the person through an agency you should have paid them for their work.

Upvote 0
There are so many independent agencies that i get put off when i hear the chains want me to register in their office 1 hour away. 9/10 this is a complete waste of time for the jobseeker. Many times the job has already been filled and they are stocking up on available workers.never found a decent job via a large high st branch.independents r a different story.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Subscribe to our newsletters

ukbf logo
ukbf logo

Real community whatever your business.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu