UkBF Newbie and new catering business

Discussion in 'North East' started by Rizalina, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Rizalina

Rizalina UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Hi All

I'm Arrizel and new to UKBF and wanted to say hello to those in NE and hope that someone out there may be able to throw some encouraging suggestions for my new business.

Looking to start a catering business and need to hire a kitchen in the evening, I have approached some cafes in the local area to see whether they would consider renting their kitchens to me when they are not using it I.e. the evening but have had no takers.
    I have looked at working from my kitchen at home but I have two lovely Labradors that I could not part with, which is why I have to look to rent somewhere.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Posted: Jul 7, 2013 By: Rizalina Member since: Jul 7, 2013
  2. EcommerceTools

EcommerceTools UKBF Contributor Free Member

56 8
    Hi Arrizel,

Welcome to the forum :)

How much are you offering to rent their kitchen for? I imagine most small cafe owners would be reluctant because they may see issues with increased energy bills (something small hospitality businesses are often obsessed with) and insurance issues. You could maybe offer to make some of their products while you are catering for your own business which means less work for them.

If you are starting off small I really would recommend thinking of some way to use your own kitchen if it is big enough.

If you need any help with the online side of your business, we would be happy to give some free advice and get you started with a simple, beautiful and affordable website.

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 By: EcommerceTools Member since: Feb 10, 2015