Uk company, Works in Southern Ireland advice

Discussion in 'International Business' started by Edisoneb, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Edisoneb

Edisoneb UKBF Contributor Free Member

37 1
    Wondering if anyone can help me with some works being carried out in Ireland. Really struggling to get any clear information from anyone at the minute.
    UK based LTD company, doing some works in Ireland for an agency which is UK based - the agency are paying the LTD company a set amount per man, we are then paying the subcontractors. Should this be declared in the monthly CIS? the same as I do for the subcontractors who work here in England? We were under the impression tax was deducted before it reaches us however we’re 2 weeks in and this week the agency has finally given us our weekly payment sheets showing this wasn’t the case. The agency
    Are unable to confirm if the workers should be paying tax to the Irish government for the works there or if it can be done in our normal way as they are being paid from a UK company. My accountant is on annual leave until Monday and I’m eager to get some answers, as I feel it may be something they need to look into on return and I won’t get a straight answer monday either. Thanks

Posted: Aug 26, 2020 By: Edisoneb Member since: Jul 3, 2019
  2. KAC

KAC UKBF Ace Free Member

1,260 286
    There is also a possibility that, dependent upon turnover, you may be required to register for VAT i Ireland. @lesvatadvice should be able to clarify

Posted: Aug 26, 2020 By: KAC Member since: May 7, 2017
  3. Edisoneb

Edisoneb UKBF Contributor Free Member

37 1
    Anyone???

Posted: Sep 13, 2020 By: Edisoneb Member since: Jul 3, 2019
  4. Scalloway

Scalloway UKBF Legend Free Member

16,403 3,470
    Posted: Sep 13, 2020 By: Scalloway Member since: Jun 6, 2010