Tyre recycling business

Discussion in 'Green Business' started by francisgane, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padma Glastonbury

Padma Glastonbury UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Well I don't have much but I know at padmaglastonbury.com we sell the tyre furnisher very well indeed. Tables, chairs, mirrors... even plant pot and sandles!

We have two tyre swings too that came from London and are shaped into horses. Some of the other tyre items come from Thailand.

Posted: Jun 19, 2012 By: Padma Glastonbury Member since: Jun 19, 2012
  2. valentinetti0

valentinetti0 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    I would expect that disposing of scrap tyres would be a cost to you and not a source of income

Posted: Jun 23, 2012 By: valentinetti0 Member since: Feb 4, 2012
  3. JoannaMcMinn

JoannaMcMinn Guest

1 0

Do you have all relevant licences in place to import to Malaysia? What quantity of tyres are you looking for?

And in reply to a previous comment - the import of scrap tyres to China is prohibited under the Transfrontier Shipment of Waste Regulations 2007, only ‘green’ (non hazardous) wastes can be exported to non-OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development) countries such as Vietnam and China.

This could and most probably will result in your 'friend' finding himself going on a nice long holiday courtesy of HM's Prison Service.

Posted: Jul 4, 2012 By: JoannaMcMinn Member since: Jul 4, 2012
  4. ksushil970

ksushil970 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    The process is extreme easy to convert plastic in to diesel fuel. If you heat plastic waste in non oxygen environment, it will melt, but will not burn. After it has melted, it will start to boil and evaporate, you just need to put those vapors through a cooling pipe and when cooled the vapors will condense to a liquid and some of the vapors with shorter hydrocarbon lengths will remain as a gas. The exit of the cooling pipe is then going through a bubbler containing water to capture the last liquid forms of fuel and leave only gas that is then burned. If the cooling of the cooling tube is sufficient, there will be no fuel in the bubbler, but if not, the water will grip all the remaining fuel that will float above the water and can be poured off the water. On the bottom of the cooling tube is a steel reservoir that collects all the liquid and it has a release valve on the bottom so that the liquid fuel can be poured out. So anyone is able to do this because of its easier procedure.

Posted: Nov 23, 2012 By: ksushil970 Member since: Nov 22, 2012
  5. caterina87

caterina87 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    You can sell or buy tyre on website Recyclingo.com It's really useful and clear website with waste's auctions.

Posted: May 4, 2015 By: caterina87 Member since: May 4, 2015
  6. Iansp

Iansp UKBF Newcomer Free Member

5 3
    Just a point re exporting tyres to China - the trade is illegal, as is most of the tyres being shipped to India & Korea

Posted: Jul 15, 2015 By: Iansp Member since: Jul 15, 2015
  7. Karimbo

Karimbo UKBF Ace Free Member

1,730 176
    how so? Is it illegal from the British side or from the destination side?

Is Britain worried that they're going to just put new layer of thread on [badly] and send it back to the UK market?

Posted: Jul 15, 2015 By: Karimbo Member since: Nov 5, 2011
  8. Iansp

5 3
    It's illegal, both in UK & EU law. The scrap tyres can only be exported to member states, or Green List countries & only then when the UK shipper has auditable evidence that the tyres are going to a fully licenced facility. 99.9% of the exports to India, Korea & China are illegal, as there is no auditable evidence

9. Karimbo

Karimbo UKBF Ace Free Member

1,730 176
    Yeah, I googled that soon after posting. People say that export and import restrictions are asinine but actually this is a fair list because a lot of the times they'll be offloaded onto poor countries who'll just dump them and create environmental hazards.

Funnily I came across a forum posts where some guy was saying he imports used tyres from Europe to use as fuel - that can't be good. I've seen footage of tyres burning as a signal - they burn for a long time and product a lot of black smoke too.

Posted: Jul 15, 2015 By: Karimbo Member since: Nov 5, 2011
  10. Iansp

5 3
    That's how most of the tyres end up!! We have probably the most technically advanced pyrolysis plant in the world, where we return the scrap tyres to their original state - oil, carbon black & steel - with almost no pollution. Our oil is forward sold for the next 5 years to one of the largest oil companies in the world, who use it to improve the quality of their fuel.

11. Raza792

Raza792 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    To ecomatmyn
    Hi
    I came across ur add in regards to u wanting scrap tyres for ur plant in Malaysia.
    I can and have access to garages who scrap tyre here in the UK and I could import them.to u if u would like to do business
    Regards
    Raza

Posted: May 10, 2016 By: Raza792 Member since: May 10, 2016
  12. Career Guidance Charts

Career Guidance Charts UKBF Newcomer Free Member

16 2
    Tyre recycling is the process of recycling the tyres which is no longer in use due to some damage.Tyre recycle can be used in making new shoes products and it can also be burned for fuel value .

Posted: Jun 18, 2016 By: Career Guidance Charts Member since: May 6, 2016
  13. HBC

HBC UKBF Contributor Free Member

34 4
    Check out ELM Energy and Recycling, I believe selling them to tyre incinerators for energy is the most efficient way to make a profit.

Posted: Jan 26, 2017 By: HBC Member since: Nov 29, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.