Typical Accountants Costs

Discussion in 'Accounts & Finance' started by M178591, Aug 31, 2007.

1. M178591

M178591 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

32 4
    I am thinking from moving over from Sole Trader to Ltd company. So far all I have had to pay me accountant for is my annual tax return. My business only has a small turnover (less than £10,000) at the moment but I plan to grow this once I have moved onto a more formal footing. When I ask my accountant about the sorts of accountant bills I might expect all I get is "it depends". I understand that this is correct depending on what I ask them to do. Can anyone give me some sort of idea of what I should expect to pay as a minimum for my (or any other) accountant to do what they need to do for minimum compliance. As far as I can see this will be the preperation of the year end financial statements and the company tax return. Is there anything else which I should have my accountant do for me? I am not currently VAT registered and don't plan to be. My accounts are done in Line50 Financial controller. I wouldn't anticiapte the need for any fancy tax planning all I am looking for is the bare minimum to comply with company / tax laws. If anyone can help me out with the sorts of numbers which are reasonable then I would be grateful.

Thanks

Posted: Aug 31, 2007 By: M178591 Member since: Sep 13, 2006
  2. elainec100@cheapaccounting

[email protected] UKBF Newcomer Full Member

13,268 2,882
    There was a similar thread to this a bit ago - you night want to search.

As for me, my prices are fixed and on my site.

Posted: Aug 31, 2007 By: [email protected] Member since: Nov 4, 2005
  3. DavidT

DavidT UKBF Newcomer Free Member

914 113
    Looking at Elaine's rates... and considering this also includes software to handle accounts, I expect as yours would be this is abotu as good as you will get I expect.

Just wondering Elaine... you do also provide compliance services for clients that might use other packages such as Sage?

Posted: Aug 31, 2007 By: DavidT Member since: Aug 16, 2007
  4. elainec100@cheapaccounting

[email protected] UKBF Newcomer Full Member

13,268 2,882
    DavidT - I can do that as well, yes.

Posted: Aug 31, 2007 By: [email protected] Member since: Nov 4, 2005
  5. Basement_Studios_Ltd

Basement_Studios_Ltd UKBF Newcomer Free Member

331 31
    Posted: Sep 12, 2007 By: Basement_Studios_Ltd Member since: Nov 18, 2005