Two-factor authentication SCA

Discussion in 'Accounts & Finance' started by OMGVape, Aug 11, 2019.

1. OMGVape

OMGVape UKBF Regular Free Member

233 27
    Can anyone explain to me what I need to do to be ready for SCA when it starts in September.

I have a WordPress site with Stripe for payments.

I sit down to read all the guides and processes but after half a page my brain goes on holiday so a very idiot proof explanation would be most welcome.

Posted: Aug 11, 2019 By: OMGVape Member since: Jan 21, 2018
  2. Mike Hayes

Mike Hayes UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

1,004 257
    SCA is basically just about ensuring you're running transactions through 3D Secure 2.0. This means a technical upgrade to your implementation and some extra customer details being passed to Stripe.

In terms of a WordPress website, presumably Stripe has been implemented by way of a public plugin, therefore it's actually really simple:
    1. Make sure your plugin has been updated to support SCA / 3D Secure 2.0. If not, check if the author plans to do this and if the answer's no find a replacement.
    2. Update your privacy policy to reflect the additional personal information being sent to Stripe.
    The only other thing to consider is whether you need to update any sign up forms etc to pass new customer information (in relation to 3D Secure 2.0) to the Stripe plugin, however this depends on the details of your exact set up - how your site works, which plugins you're using, etc. If you're running an e-commerce website then you're probably already collecting this information.

Posted: Aug 11, 2019 By: Mike Hayes Member since: Jan 7, 2016
  3. OMGVape

OMGVape UKBF Regular Free Member

233 27
    Thanks Mike, I’ll look into that tomorrow

Posted: Aug 11, 2019 By: OMGVape Member since: Jan 21, 2018