Two 365 Questions

Discussion in 'IT & Internet' started by Ashley_Price, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Ashley_Price

Ashley_Price UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

7,121 1,309
    So, I want to be able to do the following two things on 365, but I am not sure if they are possible (the second one I am almost certain can't be done):

1/ I want to have a form on 365, that I can email the link to someone, they can click on the link, fill the form in, and it is saved, that seems easy enough. However, I need it to go one step further, I want multiple people to fill in the same form, which is initially blank for each of them, and each saved separately, can this be done? When they have filled the form in it will have personal data, hence Person B must not be able to see what Person A inputted.

2/ Can attachments be added to Newsletters? You can add a link, but I am not sure if you can add an attachment (or doesn't this kind of negate the point of the newsletter)?

I am not asking people to tell me HOW to do the above, just if they can be done.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    Posted: Nov 22, 2019 By: Ashley_Price Member since: Feb 9, 2008
  2. Nico Albrecht

Nico Albrecht UKBF Enthusiast Full Member - Verified Business

626 103
    For option 1, not sure if that is even possible in MS forms at the moment. It can be done within a 365 organisation or people who got a 365 license but if you plan to use it for 3rd parties it won't work the way you want. Last I checked and tried was a month ago but they might get this feature in the future.

I was working on a MS form a couple months ago and got nowhere. Switching to google forms solved the problem for me.

Question 2 needs rephrasing as I don't really understand what you try to do here.

But I would rather host the attached document on your webserver and point to it within your newsletter as a link.

Again 3rd parties like mailchimp allow for much more customisation for that type.

In general 365 with exchange, office and sharepoint is great but some of their other products on there are poorly implemented and developed by 3rd party contractors.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    Posted: Nov 22, 2019 By: Nico Albrecht Member since: May 2, 2017
  3. Ashley_Price

Ashley_Price UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

7,121 1,309
    Thank you, @Nico Albrecht.

With regards the second one, basically, can an attachment be sent with a newsletter. So I would send out a newsletter, and want to add a separate document to go with it.

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 By: Ashley_Price Member since: Feb 9, 2008