TSB Business Banking

Discussion in 'Accounts & Finance' started by Neil Farrell, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Neil Farrell

Neil Farrell UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Hi, I'm a new member of the UKBF and I wonder if anyone is suffering the same problems I'm having with TSB Business Banking since their 'migration' to the new IT system.

I run a small business and charge a standard fixed fee for my services. Most of my customers pay by cheque (yes really) and I have always paid these into my account by post to the TSB mail centre (BX4 7SB) accompanied by a paying in slip. When my statements arrived, I was able to reconcile each of these payments to the correct invoice beacuse the paying in slip number was shown against the entries on the statment.

Since 'migration' I now only see the amount (and so there could be 7 or 8 entries for the same amount) and the description of each entry is either 'Banking Operations' or 'Post Office Counters'. I have no way of identifying which amount relates to which paying in slip and so am finding it impossible to correctly reconcile my banking.

I've had a long conversation with TSB who have basically said that's the way it's going to be from now on - if I want the necessary detail to show up on my statements, I'll have to pay the cheques in at a branch - you couldn't make this up could you?

Ant comments would be welcome before I go through the laborious process of closing the account and finding a new bank.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 By: Neil Farrell Member since: Jun 14, 2018
  2. Peter Bowen

Peter Bowen UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

845 226
    Hi Neil.

For my sins I'm the treasurer of my sailing class association. The previous treasurer set up an account with TSB. It's been a nightmare for the last couple of months.

I keep getting locked out of the account and have to make an appointment to see the manager of the local branch to get access reinstated. I've been there so often they've measured me for a pink shirt.

The worst was, while they were keeping me out of the account they allowed some miscreants in who emptied the account. Apparently the money has been refunded but I can't log in to check.

This would have been terrifying if it was my business account. We'll be moving banks.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 By: Peter Bowen Member since: Jul 2, 2007
  3. youngtrepreneur

youngtrepreneur UKBF Regular Free Member

178 15
    I'm getting fed up with these clowns.

It's not just the online problems they've been having either, I'm now pursuing them for a breach of data protection law.
    The Information Commissioners Office is also interested.

Such a bunch of amateurs, TSB.

Posted: Jun 15, 2018 By: youngtrepreneur Member since: Mar 17, 2013
  4. Chris Ashdown

Chris Ashdown UKBF Legend Free Member

9,525 1,920
    Never had any problem, did not look online in the published sunday of the change , but everything worked well from the Monday and has continued that way

Just the opposite view seldom mentioned

Posted: Jun 15, 2018 By: Chris Ashdown Member since: Dec 7, 2003
  5. lesvatadvice

lesvatadvice UKBF Regular Free Member

669 105
    Most of my receipts are made electronically, so that has been ok. But their wider customer service has been dreadful for 2-3 months now. I am looking to change bank.

Posted: Jun 15, 2018 By: lesvatadvice Member since: Jul 7, 2011