Trademark or not fr a free website

Discussion in 'Time Out' started by 505, Jul 4, 2019.

1. 505

505 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

12 0
    Hello, a friend of mine has several classified ads websites for different countries. He does not give any paid services, the websites are totally free. My question is: Should he register as a trademarks his logos and the name of the websites and HOW since he does not own a business ?! He wants only to protect the names and the logos from being used elswere. If trademark not possible is there any other ways to do that ?! Because I know that there is a possibility someone with business to register them as a trademark and then they will be the legal owners or I am wrong ?!

Thank you in advance

Posted: Jul 4, 2019 By: 505 Member since: May 28, 2019
  2. FIZIX Agency

FIZIX Agency UKBF Newcomer Free Member

753 239
    Your friend can trademark the logos however standard copyright should suffice in this situation. It does serve you protection as copyright is automatic and trademarking in the situation would seem unnecessarily expensive.

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 By: FIZIX Agency Member since: Jul 9, 2012
  3. OhhEnnEmm

OhhEnnEmm UKBF Contributor Free Member

54 4
    Yeah I wouldn't bother at this point, at least wait until the site is established and monetized.

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 By: OhhEnnEmm Member since: Nov 6, 2018
  4. CaveMoons

CaveMoons UKBF Newcomer Free Member

25 2
    In the case of your friend, the trademark does not matter. But personally, my opinion if its unique logos are better to give them a trademark.

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 By: CaveMoons Member since: Apr 3, 2019
  5. 505

505 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

12 0
    Thank you for the response!
    Thanks! Well he will not do it payd, it will remain free. Only winnings from Adsens.
    Thank you. This is my opinion too, but since is too expensive and there is no waranty that they will be accepted... and the website is free. I dont see it usefull. But that is why asked here, because was not shure what advice to give him since does not have much winnings. Adsense is doing grate to pay the bills but nothing more.

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 By: 505 Member since: May 28, 2019