Tips for rank Travel Website?

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by Prince_Nirala, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prince_Nirala

Prince_Nirala UKBF Newcomer

27 4
    Hello UKBF Members
    I just want to know what are the best way to rank the travel website. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Cheers

Posted: Jun 9, 2017 By: Prince_Nirala Member since: May 15, 2017
  2. fisicx

fisicx Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Business Member

35,311 10,772
    Same as any other website: great content that is useful, informative and adds value, internal navigation to assist visitors find the right content, trust marks and citations.

However, there are tens of thousands of travel websites and only 10 spots on page one so your changes of ranking for anything other than longtail or niche searches are virtually zero.

Posted: Jun 9, 2017 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Prince_Nirala

27 4
    Thank you fisicx. It means content matters for any type of website and SEO process is same.

Posted: Jun 9, 2017 By: Prince_Nirala Member since: May 15, 2017
  4. fisicx

fisicx Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Business Member

35,311 10,772
    Pretty much yes.

But like I said, the chances of your travel site ranking well are virtually zero. you competitors spend thousands of dollars each month to stay on top. So unless you have a good marketing budget and a team of highly skilled people ready to roll I'd choose a different business.

5. PugDigitalUK

PugDigitalUK UKBF Contributor

37 10
    Really fisicx has summed it up, and I work with some of the largest tour operators in the UK, as well as independent providers; it really is competitive. Although, I have personally seen success with some niche businesses within the travel industry, specifically disability holidays, and medical travel insurance for the over 55's. Good luck.

Posted: Jun 9, 2017 By: PugDigitalUK Member since: Oct 23, 2014
  6. fisicx

fisicx Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Business Member

35,311 10,772
    Absolutely, if you are targeting female backpackers over 55 travelling to Mali then there is still lots of opportunities.

If you are selling trips to Disneyland forget it.

7. Prince_Nirala

27 4
    NO, I am not doing this type of business, I am new to SEO and want to learn new things and tactics which will help me in future.
    Thanks for both of you for your views.

Posted: Jun 10, 2017 By: Prince_Nirala Member since: May 15, 2017
  8. fisicx

fisicx Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Business Member

35,311 10,772
    Your website says you do SEO. If you are new to this maybe you need to remove that service from your website.

And doing SEO on a travel website isn't for beginners.

Posted: Jun 10, 2017 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  9. Prince_Nirala

27 4
    I did an SEO course and have 6 months experience.

10. Prince_Nirala

27 4
    And my mentors help me and guide me to do things correctly.

11. fisicx

fisicx Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Business Member

35,311 10,772
    So why aren't you asking them?

The questions you are asking on UKBF are about basic SEO techniques. If the course or your mentors didn't teach you these I would ask for your money back.

Posted: Jun 10, 2017 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Prince_Nirala

27 4
    :)

Posted: Jun 12, 2017 By: Prince_Nirala Member since: May 15, 2017
  13. HazelC

HazelC UKBF Legend

973 227
    As @fisicx has said it is all about content and long tail keywords;

personally I would look for a place you have great deals on / no other travel group offers and create a LOT of content on that area, then work your way through in the same order.

Also in agreement; maybe don't offer SEO as a service if you don't have a lot of experience. I have 6yrs experience of SEO front end but would still not offer it as a service - but we do offer SEO reviews (front end) and SEO content... (just my 2pence)

Posted: Jun 12, 2017 By: HazelC Member since: Sep 7, 2013
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. webgeek

webgeek UKBF Legend

4,042 1,476
    Your profile shows you having a business that's a digital agency offering SEO as one of the primary services. Don't you reckon you should learn SEO before selling the service?

FWIW, most of the people who 'do' SEO as a part of their workday are on here giving advice (occasionally asking for some input from others, but generally helping others who aren't familiar with SEO).

I find it incredibly troubling when people set up shop offering to do a job they then admit having no knowledge of, asking basic questions and advice on how to do their job at a very rudimentary level.

This is exactly how SEO practitioners get portrayed as being a bunch of charlatan cowboys who take money without providing any real benefit.

Sorry if I've got the wrong impression, but it's your profile, your company.... Get some skills THEN pay the bills.

Posted: Jun 13, 2017 By: webgeek Member since: May 19, 2009
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. WoottonSEO

WoottonSEO UKBF Newcomer

18 5
    I've done some work on travel sites in the past so if you want to give me some more specifics about the site and I'll be happy to give you some guidance.

My initial thoughts would be a strong focus on Social Media - If you're offering accommodation at resorts - Pinterest might be a nice place to start - Put together lots of high quality pictures of local tourist attractions, pictures of facilities for starters. I would also get involved in acquiring reviews on Travel & Tourism blogs. Getting featured on Tripadvisor might be a good way to go - I believe the links there are dofollow. Youtube videos may also work quite well for social signals and exposure.

Reviews sites (notably with positive reviews) can also provide some high authority backlinks (at a cost) and can also help improve conversion rates by positively showcasing the quality of your brand.

Frequent blog posts on your site would help with maximising keyword relevancy onsite and if you're smart about it you can auto syndicate them through to various relevant social sources to maximise exposure and the overall linking value of each post.

Done correctly 1 post can earn you 100+ relevant social media backlinks before user engagement even kicks in.

Simples!

Posted: Jun 17, 2017 By: WoottonSEO Member since: Jun 17, 2017
  16. Adeel Akhter

Adeel Akhter UKBF Newcomer

1 0
    A 6 months course will lead you nowhere. The best way is to create a website and start working on it. That is the best way to get skilled in SEO.

I am currently managing SEO of an online hotel booking website and working with a website which offers travel related coupon (guess cannot mention links so avoiding it) so I know the domain is too competitive these days. SEO today is not a set of some skills but a complete marketing domain where you will have to figure out your USP and optimize it for search engines. User experience at your site must be awesome and this means a complete domain in itself.

Posted: Jun 17, 2017 By: Adeel Akhter Member since: Jan 27, 2017
  17. webgeek

webgeek UKBF Legend

4,042 1,476
    I believe that generalisation to be completely untrue.

There's some students from Tin's course that are absolutely crushing it, generating some outrageous traffic and revenue. Perhaps he could share some of these examples, if they'll allow their name/sites being mentioned.

While Rome wasn't built in a day, a motivated student getting insights from a robust course that gives specific, concrete examples of what to do, and why, can equip someone to do well.

They may not come out of there as the #1 on-page SEO in the country, but they've got a better shot at being #2 than people getting educated on Moz or similar.

Posted: Jun 21, 2017 By: webgeek Member since: May 19, 2009
  18. fisicx

fisicx Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Business Member

35,311 10,772
    Educated on Moz? Has this ever happened?

Posted: Jun 21, 2017 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  19. webgeek

webgeek UKBF Legend

4,042 1,476
    LOL, an oxymoron no doubt.

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 By: webgeek Member since: May 19, 2009
  20. Fabialaars

Fabialaars UKBF Newcomer

4 0
    Doing local classified adds, it is best for traveling websites.

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 By: Fabialaars Member since: Jun 23, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.