Thoughts appreciated...

fisicx

Business Listing
Sep 12, 2006
Aldershot
www.aerin.co.uk
Slow slow slow.

Took forever to load and when it finally did I had no idea what was on offer until I scrolled down.

I looked at one of the rings and the size options were 6,7 and 8. Those aren't UK ring sizes.

Contact details are difficult to find and it looks very iffy especially as there is no phone number or email address.

I can also get some of the products a lot cheaper elsewhere - so they aren't unique as you suggest. However, they are nice products (my wife likes them) but she went straight to ebay so see if she could get them cheaper.

So is you did more work on the descriptions, got some images of people wearing them and put yourself on the site (pictures and your story) you could do well. Make people want to buy from you not some anonymous dealer on ebay.

And Flatsome isn't a very good theme. Most of your visitors will be using a phone or tablet to browse and Flatsome doesn't work particularly well on smaller or touch screens.

Upvote 0
As above...

Is the quick view meant to bring up another image - one brings up a hand wearing a ring - noe changes the ring image and none of the others seem to do anything?

Everything has to be consistant - don't just have the odd thing bringing up a different image... it makes me wonder if the website is finished or not... Either have it or dont.

Move your contact us - out of help... and put on it's own link at the top of the page.

Why does it say instagram half way down the page? I don't get it.

Upvote 0

fisicx

Business Listing
Sep 12, 2006
Aldershot
www.aerin.co.uk
Upvote 0
For me the main slider is too overpowering and too big. I would halve the height on this so particularly for desktop view I can at least see some of your products straight away without having to scroll. You certainly need more content in the footer in terms of contact information (trusted sites will display telephone/email/address). You have no Refund/Return policy from what I can see.

Add logos for the payment methods/cards that you accept. Show any additional security/trust logos (e.g. Verified by Visa/MasterCard Secure Code). Advise that you are PCI compliant (if you have a certificate to prove it).

Upvote 0

deniser

Free Member
Jun 3, 2008
London
I always go straight to the About page to see who I might be buying from. Your About page doesn't say anything about you at all.

There is no link back to the Home page from the information pages.

Contact Us should be more easy to find.

You need to sort your indexing out as it's a bit inconsistent with About Us and Help (which contains Contact Us, Sizing and FAQ) in the main index, Terms & Conditions on its own in the footer and Shipping & Returns in the header.

The banner on the home page is too big and therefore blurred on a wide screen.

You need to add the Business Names Act information which is required by law.

Upvote 0

Alan

Free Member
Aug 16, 2011
A few legal things
1. Cookie policy
2. As mentioned you need your trading business name published and if you are limited company your company number & registered address
3. Privacy policy - Data Protection act requires you to make it clear what you will do with personal information

So all this lack of attention to the legality of running an e-commerce business reduces trust - either you are a scammer or a complete novice - in either case these are 'steer clear' warnings.

5. The terms and conditions are really very 'light' for an e-commerce businesses

As fisix mentions, very slow - this is probably down to Bluehost hosting in the main, need to think about using a higher performing host. Slow site = loss of business. Took some 15 seconds to move from 'about' to 'shop' and its not my broadband as that is 100MB.

Generate a bit more trust by at least using the payapl logo in your footer.

HTTPS!!!!! You really really need this an SSL certificate

You checkout page asks for person info and an option to create an account with password, an it is unencrypted, maybe only 25% of the buying population know about SSLs but those that do would just leave your site.

In fact Google say they can't see why every page on all websites are not https: so why wouldn't you get above the curve.

Lots of trust signals to fix

Upvote 0

Subscribe to our newsletters

Real community whatever your business.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu