Thinking of running an SEO and PPC training day in West Yorkshire

Discussion in 'Yorkshire & Humberside' started by Mark-UK, May 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark-UK

Mark-UK UKBF Newcomer Free Member

418 8
    Hi fellow Yorkshire people, I run an SEO and PPC consultancy and I'm thinking of running a 1 day training course for PPC or SEO. This would be covering the basics on both and be at an introductory level. Maybe I'll just stick to 1 topic on the day, so PPC perhaps meaning I'd run 2 one day courses each month, each day covers either PPC or SEO.

I have access to a very nice function room in a local Golf Club with excellent views and catering and a very pleasant environment.

I wouldn't charge London prices but more affordable rates as of yet undecided.

Do you think there would be much interest?

Posted: May 18, 2008 By: Mark-UK Member since: Jan 8, 2007
  2. sirearl

sirearl UKBF Legend Free Member

29,807 6,645
    Provided your rates are reasonable.I would think there is a great demand for such a course.Your problem is advertising it.

remember top SEO's will charge $5,000 per seminar.:D

Earl

Posted: May 18, 2008 By: sirearl Member since: Apr 23, 2007
  3. Mark-UK

418 8
    Thanks for the reply, I'd probably look at 40 places at £250 a head for the day to include refreshments and literature to take away and a months support via email, with a discount if they book both SEO and PPC days too.

Posted: May 18, 2008 By: Mark-UK Member since: Jan 8, 2007
  4. sirearl

sirearl UKBF Legend Free Member

29,807 6,645
    I think maybe your best advertising would be flyers explaining how important SEO is to people with online business's.

Earl

Posted: May 19, 2008 By: sirearl Member since: Apr 23, 2007
  5. alwaysworking

alwaysworking UKBF Newcomer Free Member

10 1
    Hi there

I think a training course would be great.
    I started my business on the internet approx. 5 years ago at the time I started I was a complete internet novice but after spending hours researching, etc. I built up my business and became quite a pro.
    About 18 month ago I stopped trading on line all together to concentrate on my current business which is off line I do have a website which is a basic information site as 99% of my business is from over seas. I now really want to get back in to internet based business as my current business is up and running and I'm looking for something new I also want to spend more time working from home, but everything has changed so much I'm struggling to get set up.
    I have very basic knowledge of ppc & seo as this is obviously an important part of on line business I am keen to learn more so I would be very interested in a training course :)

Posted: May 19, 2008 By: alwaysworking Member since: May 16, 2008
  6. Mark-UK

418 8
    Looking around it seems £250 is a decent rate for a 1 day course that includes refreshments and is in a very nice location, easy to get to and free parking.

I'd probably do a tester day with 10 applications at a reduced rate.

Posted: May 19, 2008 By: Mark-UK Member since: Jan 8, 2007
  7. Mister B

Mister B UKBF Ace Free Member

2,448 567
    I think that £250 would allow you to atract the right amount of delegates.

Interesting to note that you would limit it to 10 applications...hadn't thought about that side of things but thinking about it now, capping attendance to 10 delegates would be good.

Shame that you're not in the south.

Mister B

Posted: May 19, 2008 By: Mister B Member since: Aug 31, 2007
  8. Mark-UK

418 8
    I've set the price at £199.95 for the day including lunch and refreshments and free 1 months support and evaluation of the PPC account and SEO work done on the candidates website.

Plus I'm going to offer 10% discount if they book both PPC and SEO courses. I'm looking at running 4 one day courses a month, 2 for PPC and 2 for SEO. I'll probably base it more on a seminar style approach.

Posted: May 20, 2008 By: Mark-UK Member since: Jan 8, 2007
  9. DaveHarper

DaveHarper UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Hi Markuk

How are your training courses going?

Are you having any trouble getting bums on seats?

Dave H

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 By: DaveHarper Member since: Jul 7, 2008
  10. Mark-UK

418 8
    Hi Dave,
    not run one yet as I've been busy with other projects. I have everything ready and set up and a great location but just not started advertising yet.

Regards

Mark

Posted: Aug 5, 2008 By: Mark-UK Member since: Jan 8, 2007
  11. Mark-UK

418 8
    I'd be thinking of doing the first one for free so I can test myself and organisational skills doing it etc, or maybe just a small fee to cover the food like £10 or something.

Posted: Aug 11, 2008 By: Mark-UK Member since: Jan 8, 2007
  12. sherlock

sherlock UKBF Contributor Free Member

61 4
    Hi Mark,

What sort of subjects would you be looking to cover?
    Is it likely to be an introduction to SEO & PPC or are you intending to go a bit more in-depth?

Posted: Aug 11, 2008 By: sherlock Member since: Apr 25, 2008
  13. Mark-UK

418 8
    It will be on either SEO or PPC not both, probably at entry level or basic user.

Posted: Aug 11, 2008 By: Mark-UK Member since: Jan 8, 2007
  14. Mark-UK

418 8
    I would probably do the first one for a small fee, a reduced fee to test and polish my skills as well.

Posted: Sep 2, 2008 By: Mark-UK Member since: Jan 8, 2007
  15. Carboy

Carboy UKBF Regular Free Member

101 6
    Did you get any further with this project ?

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 By: Carboy Member since: Apr 9, 2008
  16. bookyourselfsolid

bookyourselfsolid UKBF Newcomer Free Member

45 7
    Marc,

I have run quite a few here in the South of England, London and St Albans. In fact we now run them monthly.

We have basically what you have in your offer above which was £199 for a full day's course on SEO and the Same for the PPC course. We also offer a FREE SEO & PPC report and help via email for a 2 month period, plus a local business page listing and a top ten Google placement.

We offered a £45 a head first 2 courses to local businesses and split the money with a local Hospice who gave us a meeting room to hold the event. That way we got lots of local advertising through Newspapers, local businesses and the Chamber of Commerce.

The courses were fantastic and we got around 35 on each of the 2 courses we piloted. It was a win win for eveyone and hugely satisfying.

My new years resolution is to do 2 FREE seminars for the hospice this year and take my Daughter to a new exciting place a least once a month providing I can cut myself away from this PC.

Good luck

Ed

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
    Posted: Jan 11, 2009 By: bookyourselfsolid Member since: Jul 2, 2008
  17. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence UKBF Regular Free Member

109 6
    I am in yorksire in a few months and would love to come to one of your courses.

Posted: Jan 11, 2009 By: Jimmy Lawrence Member since: Dec 23, 2007
  18. Mark-UK

418 8
    Thanks bookyourselfsolid for the post, im still looking at doing these courses and have a great location as mentioned before, just looking at the equipment side of things at the moment.

Posted: Aug 1, 2009 By: Mark-UK Member since: Jan 8, 2007
  19. Network Yorkshire

Network Yorkshire UKBF Newcomer Free Member

650 49
    let me know when you run them and i'll let our members know

Posted: Aug 1, 2009 By: Network Yorkshire Member since: Jan 28, 2009
  20. Mark-UK

418 8
    Hi Mike thanks for that. :)

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 By: Mark-UK Member since: Jan 8, 2007
Thread Status: