Thinking about full membership.

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Dynumo, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dynumo

Dynumo UKBF Regular Free Member

119 14
    Hi,

I've been thinking about buying full membership.

How have other full members found ukbf in terms of attracting new customers?

Worth the £40?

Best Regards,

Adam.

Posted: Jun 26, 2013 By: Dynumo Member since: Jan 18, 2009
  2. Faevilangel

Faevilangel Website Critic Full Member

7,564 2,400
    depends on your intentions...

the £40 gives you a whole host of great features but you need to use them to make the most of them.

You have the following benefits:

- blog - great way to publicise stuff, such as what you're doing work wise etc
    - Tenders forum - if you provide a service, then you can reply to posts here which can give you the opportunity to quote for work.
    - Private forum - want to get advice on delicate matters? the forums make sure that google can't index the forum and your clients are less likely to be viewing.
    - Signature links - want to tell people what you do? you can now add live links to your sig (like mine) to guide people to your website etc
    - Marketplace - have a special offer? use the marketplace to tell members about it

If you post on a regular basis, get involved in discussions and offer advice then members will trust you and then potentially purchase from you.

Posted: Jun 26, 2013 By: Faevilangel Member since: Jun 29, 2009
  3. amphis software

amphis software UKBF Regular Full Member

457 77
    definitely worth £40 in my opinion. your signature links should attract some interest to your web site. we certainly get visitors and paying customers from UKBF. but it's also a great place to get some honest feedback on your ideas as well as giving information and opinions where you can.

Tom

Posted: Jun 26, 2013 By: amphis software Member since: Mar 13, 2008
  4. Alan

Alan UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

6,219 1,721
    You can't directly relate the cost of membership to how many customers you get. As it is a forum your success is more about your participation.

If for instance you value the time I have put in personally reading posts and writing posts over the last two years the 'cost' at a commercial rate could be £5,000 p.a. (ok so I only participate in my personal 'down' time, so maybe that is a slight overvaluation)

But in any case an addition £40 is nothing.

If you expect to pay £40 and get customers knocking on your door without putting in the effort then you would be mistaken.

My recommendation is join. But then if you are fretting about £40 in terms of costs then perhaps you shouldn't.

Posted: Jun 26, 2013 By: Alan Member since: Aug 16, 2011
  5. Dynumo

119 14
    Haha not at all... I work in marketing.

Posted: Jun 27, 2013 By: Dynumo Member since: Jan 18, 2009
  6. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

30,591 8,983
    In that case you shouldn't need full membership, your posts and contributions will have people queuing up at your door.

Posted: Jun 27, 2013 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  7. MyAccountantOnline

MyAccountantOnline UKBF Legend Full Member

12,700 2,354
    Absolutely :)

Posted: Jun 27, 2013 By: MyAccountantOnline Member since: Sep 24, 2008
  8. Paul_Rosser

Paul_Rosser UKBF Big Shot Full Member - Verified Business

4,540 1,107
    Most definitely, but I didn't become a full member to get any new business it was to support the forum as it's an excellent resource for any business owner.

Posted: Jun 27, 2013 By: Paul_Rosser Member since: Jul 5, 2012
  9. LMDServicesUK

LMDServicesUK Barking Mad - Home Boarding for Dogs Full Member - Verified Business

961 116
    J have today joined, and as mentioned by other posters, I think this is one of the better run Business Forums and is extremely valuable, so £ 48 (inc VAT) is great value for money.

Go for it, is a worthwhile investment.

Rgds

Mark

Posted: Jun 27, 2013 By: LMDServicesUK Member since: Apr 18, 2013
  10. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

30,591 8,983
    Don't join because you think it will bring you in lots of new business. The forum doesn't work like that.

Join because you have something to offer. Help others and you will see the benefits.

Posted: Jun 27, 2013 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  11. Dynumo

119 14
    100% the right mindset =)

Just thought I'd check what people had to say, as money is money, and there's an abundance of things on the internet which look like a better idea than they turn out to be (ahem yell.com ahem) but could be avoided by a few questions in the right places before signing up :shrug:

Posted: Jun 27, 2013 By: Dynumo Member since: Jan 18, 2009
  12. LMDServicesUK

LMDServicesUK Barking Mad - Home Boarding for Dogs Full Member - Verified Business

961 116
    Totally agree with your approach.

I also tried out several other "Business" forums before signing up full time with UKBF, but I really do believe this one is the best, from my experience to date.

Hope you do and look forward to seeing your posts.

Rgds

Mark

Posted: Jun 27, 2013 By: LMDServicesUK Member since: Apr 18, 2013
  13. JEREMY HAWKE

JEREMY HAWKE UKBF Legend Full Member

3,965 1,262
    Its worth £40 I have gained a bit of business .You have got to put a bit of work of your own in and talk some bulls**t , Sorry I meant offer your opinion and help others:D

Posted: Jun 27, 2013 By: JEREMY HAWKE Member since: Mar 4, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.