The Sponge Bob Plan

Discussion in 'Cashflow forum' started by AerialSolutions, Oct 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Homshaw

Homshaw UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

811 99
    I kind of know how you feel

I am an accountant. I have a friend who does aerials. We got together with a friend/client who is an electrician

We thought solar panels were a great idea

We thought between us we have 3 vans, storage facilities, free accountancy. I even did a website. What can go wrong

The electrician went on the course got 100%. I went on a sales course.

Got home from the course went on the internet and read about the feed in tariff cut

We lost £1500

If the feed in tariff was not slashed I'm convinced we would have done really well

I hope things work out for you

Posted: Nov 9, 2012 By: Homshaw Member since: Apr 18, 2008
  2. AerialSolutions

AerialSolutions UKBF Regular Free Member

340 32
    So in walks Mrs W from HMRC (PAYE) and would like the £11k owed. Shows her bank statement showing £29 in credit.

'O' she says after giving her 'life story' etc about the whole Solar Rollercoaster we are now finally off. 'I'll recommend we send you a Winding Up Order' - 'Oooo whats that?' Says I....

Result.

Although still gutted I cant get back my £5k Barclaycard money.

C'est la vie - note to self - dont use personal cards for business transactions.

Posted: Nov 14, 2012 By: AerialSolutions Member since: Jun 17, 2009
  3. AerialSolutions

340 32
    The Saga Continues.

A High Court Enforcement Officer arrived at my home today whilst I was at work with removal contractors. He will return shortly with a locksmith if I do not contact him. Im tired of contacting these people! But they wont listen. According to them because we havent ceased trading officially on Companies House they have to continually visit.

Our registered trading address is our accountants office as at the time of us setting up this company we worked from home.

Can someone please let me know if this man is allowed to to return to my home with a locksmith?

This is quite unnerving for me and my kids.

There is nothing in my house that has anything to do with any business. Just normal house furniture.

Can someone help?

Thanks in advance

Posted: Dec 14, 2012 By: AerialSolutions Member since: Jun 17, 2009
  4. Stretchy

Stretchy UKBF Big Shot Full Member

4,454 1,403
    Take proper advice. With these people at the door of your family home, you shouldn't be taking advice from an anonymous 'expert' named after a cartoon character on a forum.

Posted: Dec 14, 2012 By: Stretchy Member since: Jun 11, 2010
  5. AerialSolutions

340 32
    Its Friday evening and wasnt sure which way to turn.

Actually 'Bob' has never responded to this post. It was other people that have kindly commented on my situation that I was asking...

6. Stretchy

Stretchy UKBF Big Shot Full Member

4,454 1,403
    If there was anything I could do to help, I would. The only thing I can think to say is that now is the time to stop taking advice from a forum. There are members on here who are reputable insolvency practitioners, maybe send a few pm's and hope for the best?

Is there any way the Mrs and kids could go stay with friends or relatives for a few nights incase the guy comes back with a locksmith? That might take the sting out of it.

Posted: Dec 14, 2012 By: Stretchy Member since: Jun 11, 2010
  7. Scalloway

Scalloway UKBF Legend Free Member

16,170 3,420
    This was a while ago. Have you spoken to him yet?

Posted: Dec 14, 2012 By: Scalloway Member since: Jun 6, 2010
  8. AerialSolutions

340 32
    Hi Scalloway
    Ive already spoken to my accountant and an IP.

I have managed to speak to the Enforcement Officer and told him there is no point in his pursuing this - and if HMRC are winding us up he is just wasting time, money and resources. He said he would ring me on monday and take a 'full report' whatever that means.

I may sleep tonight now;)

9. Homshaw

Homshaw UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

811 99
    Who is sending this enforcement officier? Is it a liquidator, HMRC?

Can't see how they an take household furniture or change lpcks on your house

Posted: Dec 14, 2012 By: Homshaw Member since: Apr 18, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.