"The page you requested cannot be found"

Discussion in 'Opencart Support' started by Pish_Pash, Dec 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pish_Pash

Pish_Pash UKBF Ace Free Member

2,423 628
    Alrightee... I have a migration script, with perhaps the most simple install ever...

Basically ftp a file called server.php to a newly created directory (called connector) on my Opencart website, then to check it reachable, simply browse to the php file, ie....

http//:mywebsite/connector/server.php

...if successful I should see a message "Ready to Work!” once it is installed properly."

But alas, when I use that URL I get a The page you requested cannot be found

The file permissions are fine for both directory & file (755) ...I'm hearing that I should check my htaccess file...but frankly the service manual for the hubble space telescope would be an easier read.

Any top tips?

Posted: Dec 11, 2018 By: Pish_Pash Member since: Feb 1, 2013
  2. dotcomdude

dotcomdude UKBF Regular Full Member

324 42
    I’m guessing it’s not this straightforward, but the link would be more like http://yourwebsite - not what you have above.

Is there a htaccess file in the /connector directory? If there is, and you’re not comfortable understanding the contents of it, try renaming it and then try to access the file again. Remember to name it .htaccess again immediately afterwards to restore its functionality...

Posted: Dec 11, 2018 By: dotcomdude Member since: Jul 27, 2018
  3. dotcomdude

dotcomdude UKBF Regular Full Member

324 42
    Just noticed you said it was a new directory, so it may not be the htaccess issue I mentioned above.

Can you check that the group:eek:wner is the same for that file, as the others that you can access. Filezilla will show you the group:eek:wner, but it won’t let you change them...

Posted: Dec 11, 2018 By: dotcomdude Member since: Jul 27, 2018
  4. Pish_Pash

2,423 628
    Thanks buddy ...there's some weird stuff going on here - my host reckons the directory + file doesn't exist...but I can see it right now with filezilla!

I'll see what they come up with....

5. UKSBD

UKSBD Not a real duck Staff Member

9,822 1,877
    Check that other files it is calling are using ../ rather than just ./ or /

Posted: Dec 11, 2018 By: UKSBD Member since: Dec 30, 2005
  6. Pish_Pash

2,423 628
    sorted!

My host migrated me to a new server (2 months ago) ...they didn't tell me any new ftp details (I was using an IP address in filezilla for the host - thinking they'd have migrated all my details)...I've been ftp'ing to the old build! (2 days lost on this! Plus the other week, I wasn't able to deploy an SSL cert becuase my cpanel login was still pointing to the old build - they should have repointed it to the new build - another day lost).

To say I'm fuming is an understatement

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  7. WebDesires

WebDesires UKBF Regular Full Member

236 41
    Just an FYI you should NOT be using 755 for files, 755 for folders, 644 for files.

Posted: Dec 12, 2018 By: WebDesires Member since: Feb 23, 2016
  8. DontAsk

DontAsk UKBF Ace Free Member

1,343 181
    And its not "//:" :)

Posted: Dec 12, 2018 By: DontAsk Member since: Jan 7, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.