Terms & Conditions of sales

Discussion in 'Websites & Ecommerce' started by Slinkie, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slinkie

Slinkie UKBF Newcomer

69 0
    Hi Folks,

Is there anywhere I can get sample documents of terms & conditions of sales. I had a look on business link and can only see terms and conditions of usage of a website but nothing relating to the actual sale of goods (something the customer must agree to when purchasing from an online store).

Please can you point me in the right direction for the best place to get these.

Thanks

Matt

Posted: Feb 20, 2010 By: Slinkie Member since: Sep 5, 2006
  2. webgeek

webgeek Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

4,026 1,476
    Posted: Feb 21, 2010 By: webgeek Member since: May 19, 2009
  3. RBS

RBS Contributor

2,644 325
    Posted: Feb 21, 2010 By: RBS Member since: Jul 13, 2009
  4. termsandconditions

termsandconditions Contributor

650 172
    Dear Matt

As webgeek has helpfully pointed out some of the main considerations for your business terms are the E-Commerce Regulations if you're selling online. Here's a pocket summary of what you'll need for website terms and conditions. And if you are selling goods then these terms will also need to embrace elements from sales terms and conditions.

I don't recommend that you pop along to your friendly local Trading Standards Officer for advice though. Apart from misgivings about the quality of advice particularly for your specific business, their raison d'etre is to protect the interests of the consumer, not you. Sometimes this is at odds with the rights of your business in cases of dispute or non payment. As such, they will quite happily dilute your legally-enforceable rights.

I have evaluated your 5 alternative means to create suitable terms for your business which I hope helps you to focus on the best route for your enterprise.

Best Regards

Posted: Feb 21, 2010 By: termsandconditions Member since: Dec 28, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.