Temporary staff needed

Discussion in 'Employment & HR' started by Simone C., Dec 31, 2017.

1. Ray272

Ray272 UKBF Contributor Free Member

Seems to have gone well off the boil this thread.

The OP cannot commit so surely that would be the first person to be employed.

This just sounds like a fulfillment need.

Posted: Jan 2, 2018 By: Ray272 Member since: Jul 5, 2017
  2. Simone C.

Simone C. UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Guys,
    Thanks for the input.
    Unfortunately I can't rely on a fulfillment company at the moment because of the packaging which needs to be bespoke for each order.
    Someone needs to nicely wrap the items, sometimes more than one item per box, sometimes include a letter, sometimes discounts, etc etc according to the type of customer.

This can only be done by someone under specific directions, so I was thinking to get someone and teach him/her what to do and how to do and call when I have peaks of orders.

I am actually storing my stock in a self-storage unit which can be used as well to prepare the orders for shipping.

From what you say above I can see only the zero hours contract as a solution?
    A student or a retired / housewife could be a perfect fit for this, I think.

The problem comes to the legal health and safety, insurance, liability etc... which I still have to investigate which are the costs, paperworks, etc.

What do you guy think, anybody experienced with the same need?

Thanks
    S

Posted: Jan 9, 2018 By: Simone C. Member since: Dec 31, 2017
  3. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

You have to think of the working conditions in the self storage if you want them to work there.

Posted: Jan 9, 2018 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  4. Chris Ashdown

Chris Ashdown UKBF Legend Free Member

"Someone needs to nicely wrap the items, sometimes more than one item per box, sometimes include a letter, sometimes discounts, etc etc according to the type of customer."

Think about making things easier for yourself, maybe box each item or have suppliers box each item in a small box and then fit as required into larger boxes for multiple items,

Letters and discount can possibly go be email direct even automatic

If goods really need fine presentation , then that could be done well before it gets to dispatch which could make it far more economical

Posted: Jan 9, 2018 By: Chris Ashdown Member since: Dec 7, 2003
  5. Ray272

Ray272 UKBF Contributor Free Member

Plenty of fulfillment houses could handle this type of work, sure it may cost a bit more for the bespoke packaging but it does not sound any more unusual than what they may be handling already. We get orders from clients who need specific labels etc added to the box or particular formatting for the goods and it is never an issue. Also the fulfillment provider would be a better option as by the time Q4 hits they would be upto speed with the bespoke work required. The specific discount codes and information could all be emailed on an order by order basis to the fulfillment house. We provide our orders via email with the delivery note, we then get the W/D of the shipment and order our own shipping which we then email to the fulfillment center to apply to boxes. I am sure this may be unappealing to some volume fulfillment houses who push API integration etc but there are low tech hands on human to human interacting fulfillment providers out there too.

Posted: Jan 9, 2018 By: Ray272 Member since: Jul 5, 2017
  6. Trevor Unitt

Trevor Unitt UKBF Newcomer Free Member

The situation your in sounds like a fulfilment centre is needed, i run a fulfilment centre and every thing that you have mentioned we do anyway. If you employ someone you have to think of the contract, provide a pension, pay national insurance and tax, have public liability ETC, for the sake of a couple of pounds per order its not really worth it. Ive messaged you in case you want any more of an idea of what we provide.

Posted: Feb 2, 2018 By: Trevor Unitt Member since: Jun 12, 2017