Telephone Number & Call Answering

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Peter W., Jan 10, 2019.

1. Peter W.

Peter W. UKBF Newcomer Free Member

11 0
    I'm looking for a non geographic tel number with call answering service for a start up business, so budget is tight. Has anyone had any really good experience/s with companies that provide this service? Thanks.

Posted: Jan 10, 2019 By: Peter W. Member since: Jan 7, 2019
  2. Helpful Johnny

Helpful Johnny UKBF Contributor Free Member

86 15
    Try these guys https://www.ttnc.co.uk/ they are cheap as chips for a number, calls etc and you can use soft or real phones. Then they have a raft of bolt ons one of which is telephone answering service.

I've used them for 3 years and have had a great experience and their PAYG service doesn't appear to, or at least I've not experienced, an expiry..

Posted: Jan 10, 2019 By: Helpful Johnny Member since: Dec 28, 2018
  3. Mark T Jones

Mark T Jones UKBF Big Shot Full Member

3,066 873
    I have used answer.co.uk without problems

Mind you, they’ve just hiked their prices by 20%. Fortunately I don’t need them any more

Posted: Jan 10, 2019 By: Mark T Jones Member since: Nov 4, 2015
  4. cjd

cjd UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

15,438 3,067
    When you're picking a service you need to be careful about who owns the number and how it works.

Ideally you want to want own the number and be able to take it with you if you need to. You don't want to have to get a new number just because you find yourself growing and need to add things to it like extensions and call queues - in other words use it like a normal phone number, not just an answering service.

You also don't want to be paying for calls forwarded from your number to them, so ideally it should be provided by your telephone company.

Not surprisingly we do all of that :). Calls are answered for £1 each and numbers cost £2pm. There's no contract and you can switch it on or off as you like. You get a call recording of every contact.

https://www.voipfone.co.uk/virtual_pa.php

Posted: Jan 10, 2019 By: cjd Member since: Nov 23, 2005
  5. Peter W.

11 0
    Thank you Mark. Will take a look.

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 By: Peter W. Member since: Jan 7, 2019
  6. Peter W.

11 0
    Thank you Helpful Johnny.

7. Peter W.

11 0
    Thank you for this information. So, basically, I am looking for one non geographic tel number which can be diverted to a mobile number and one non geographic tel number which can be call answered (& diverted as necessary). What can you offer, please?

8. cjd

cjd UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

15,438 3,067
    Best thing to do is give us a call and talk through your options - without knowing how you need it all to work it's not easy to give proper advice. - 020 043 5555. They're customer support not sales - they won't try to sell you anything. You can check out the support service that way too ;-)

You may only need one number as that can be set-up to do both functions.

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 By: cjd Member since: Nov 23, 2005