Tax Codes for Employers

Discussion in 'PAYE letters 2010' started by minnehoma, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minnehoma

    minnehoma UKBF Contributor Free Member

    79 0
    As and employer how can I check if I have the correct tax code for my employees?

    With the new allowances for 2012/13 I have received notifications for some of my staff but not all and I want to check I am paying them correctly as I thought everybody's allowance increased.
    Posted: Apr 24, 2012 By: minnehoma Member since: Aug 29, 2008
  2. KernowQueen

    KernowQueen UKBF Newcomer Free Member

    428 85
    do you receive postal or email notifications? if it's email, log into your account on the HMRC website & check the info there. if no new code has been advised you need to refer to form P9X (i think) for the new codes, the basic code is now 810L (from 747L). it's the same process every year.

    failing that, just call the helpline, confirm your employees info & they'll check what their current code is.
    Posted: Apr 24, 2012 By: KernowQueen Member since: Oct 21, 2010
  3. Tom McClelland

    Tom McClelland UKBF Ace Full Member

    2,890 789
    If you didn't receive a notification for some employees, and those employees have tax codes ending in L, then increase the number before the L by 63. You don't need specific notification for the increase that everyone gets.
    Posted: Apr 25, 2012 By: Tom McClelland Member since: Feb 10, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.