TAS Accountancy services London

Discussion in 'Accounts & Finance' started by 23286, Apr 6, 2017.

1. 23286

23286 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

£100 :(:(:(

Posted: Feb 8, 2018 By: 23286 Member since: Apr 6, 2017
  2. Anon10

Anon10 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

They won't mistakenly contact me again, not after I gave them what for.

Let us spread the word to stop others.

Posted: Feb 8, 2018 By: Anon10 Member since: Nov 29, 2017
  3. 23286

23286 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Yes, but what I wonder is if it is the only company. I suppose there are more companies like this one

Posted: Feb 8, 2018 By: 23286 Member since: Apr 6, 2017
  4. Anon10

There maybe others but we can only warn on ones we know about.

Let's hope others have the sense to avoid this firm like the plague.

Posted: Feb 8, 2018 By: Anon10 Member since: Nov 29, 2017
  5. fatimabegu

fatimabegu UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hi All,

I’m sorry to say but some of you guys are out of order! And a lot of your comments are unfounded.

I was working for TASlondon and my contract ended this week, I’m writing this review as someone who has ACTUALLY worked with this company. I’ve worked for TASlondon, and they are a great company to work with. They are one of the very few firms offering people the opportunity to get into the Accounting industry. They trained me, developed me and now I have the experience to apply with any large firm. What I paid for training versus what I got in return is invaluable. A person not agreeing with a company’s procedure does not make it a scam. Some examples I’ve read here is that “They rung me off of a private number” or “their office is on the top floor of another business” like really? Most companies ring from unknown numbers. “Fake images and fraud?” I’m sorry but those are just complete lies! All this because you had to pay for your training? Its 2018! A lot of companies charge for training, If this is not something that’s for you, then fair enough! But don’t go ruining opportunities for others by calling it a scam. I for one know the requirements and difficulties needed to get into this industry without experience, and I think TASlondon is a great company with lots of great feedback from their clients and staff, whom have helped me gain a lot of practical experience which I would not have otherwise gotten.

If you need to make a friend then you should really go out more, but don’t sit behind a computer ruining opportunities for other people just to chat in a forum – it’s actually very unfair.

I say do not let these FEW negative reviews deter you from your opportunity, It’s certainly not a true reflection of the company as a whole. If you believe the opportunity could be beneficial for you then you should apply for it.

I’ve worked with the company, great management, great development and great opportunity- and I wouldn’t want others to miss out on support towards their career.

Fatima X

Posted: Feb 11, 2018 By: fatimabegu Member since: Feb 11, 2018
  6. Anon10

Absolutely nothing of what you have said has convinced me more that it's a scam.

I find your comment that most people working for a company have to pay for their own training, as I said before & I'll say again that is up there as the most ridiculous thing I've heard, it's for the company's benefit, besides which a job seeker who needs money shouldn't have to shell out £500 which is not insignificant for training.

I have also never heard of a company who demands money upfront under the guise of 'starter pack' without any firm commitment beforehand, i.e employment contract.

I have also spoken to some of the rudest, ignorant people there & when demanding the return of my money should not have resorted to legal proceedings to do so.

There is no risk taken on by them, you have to pay for everything & only if things work out if it does you get your money back.

Just because you work for them & have a set opinion doesn't mean you know it all, besides which your affiliation to them would undoubtedly mean you would be biased & defend them.

They maybe great in your eyes but if you can't see their approach is not only unorthodox not to mention suspect then clearly you cannot give an objective view on this.

I really hope others out there do not fall victim to this company & steer well clear of them.

Posted: Feb 11, 2018 By: Anon10 Member since: Nov 29, 2017
  7. Anon10

Well you would say that as your allegiances lie with them.

Absolutely nothing of what you have said convinces me it is anything but a scam.

Their approach is unorthodox, their questionable ethics when the return of monies was repeatedly made, the lack of any risk taking by them, ie having to pay for everything.

I don't know what parallel universe you live in but I have never ever heard of an individual paying for their own training, said it before & I'll say it again that's up there as one of the most ridiculous things I've heard.

Firstly it's for the company's benefit, secondly who has £500 + to spare for training, thirdly where then are the risks that the company take, this is part & parcel of any recruitment process.

Clearly you do not agree with the majority which is your lookout however if you don't like it no one coerced you to view therefore if you believe otherwise then that's you're prerogative but don't slate others who have statedone their own experiences & opinions especially as the consensus is identical meaning we can't all be wrong.

Unless we're all psychotic with axes to grind then our view arelated clearly substantiated.

I hope others take note & make their own informed decisions but in my view should steer well clear.

8. fatimabegu

fatimabegu UKBF Newcomer Free Member

You have never heard of a company that charges for training?? Really? where have you been??
    Everybody working with this firm can't be wrong either. I wasn't slating anyone, you should just be more sensible with your choice of words... calling someone a scammer or fraudster is a very damning accusation and in this case the company is neither. The main thing people seem to have in common in this forum is that they do not agree with the company's procedure - especially on paying for training, which is fair enough but that does not = scam. There are people who are happy to invest in their future and do pay for training like myself - and it was very beneficial for me.
    I am not trying to form a bias opinion but an ACTUAL one as someone that has in fact worked with the firm... besides my contract has now ended, so I have no direct interest here.
    Just be more sensitive with your choice of words thats all..anyway have a goodnight.. Fatima X

Posted: Feb 11, 2018 By: fatimabegu Member since: Feb 11, 2018
  9. Anon10

Really where have you been, why on earth should anyone pay for their own training when as I reiterate in case you didn't register the first few times I mentioned it is for the company''s BENEFIT.

As I also said if you don't agree no one forced you to read our comments.

Why the hell do I need to be sensitive I am not obligated to the company whatsoever & have said nothing libelous just stating my opinion, you don't like it TOUGH.

Hmm you don't work for them anymore, that says it all & don't bother saying why, I couldn't be less interested.

The problems I had not only entitle me but justify me to make my comments.

Shortly after I thankfully turned down their position got several offers along the same structure as this position with absolutely none of the upfront payment or training expense so I'm gonna go out on a limb & say my point has been proved beyond reasonable doubt, when even mentioning this to them even they were astonished & found it suspect.

This company as all of us can see has affiliation to a professional accountancy body but if you know otherwise feel free to enlighten us.

Their balance sheet is also non existent, with no physical registered office & you're telling me this is all normal.

I think I'll stick with mine & the majority''s views here which clearly matter rather than yours.

End of discussion.

10. KAC

KAC UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

@fatimabegu How do you justify the fact that their website appears to be a pack of lies ?

Posted: Feb 11, 2018 By: KAC Member since: May 7, 2017
  11. Anon10

I don't need to explain to you, if you'd bothered to read all the comments here & done your own research you wouldnt be asking.

Clearly you didn't read my last sentence so I say it again for your benefit, end of discussion.

If it makes you feel better to be right then you can be, for the rest of us know you're blatantly not.

Goodbye.

12. Newchodge

Newchodge UKBF Big Shot Free Member

Isn't it incredible how, every time someone repeats the truth about TAS, that they are a scam and a disgrace to all fair employers, a new member joins, as if by magic, to enthuse about how wonderful they are and to repeat some of their lies.

In addition to being a disgrace does TAS think we are all stupid?

Posted: Feb 11, 2018 By: Newchodge Member since: Nov 8, 2012
  13. youngtrepreneur

youngtrepreneur UKBF Contributor Free Member

I am not impressed by the way in which this company seems to conduct itself, according to what other people say.

Having said that my own firm operates a system that very much benefits the firm, and not very many people in the firm know what's happening.
    It's one of those where you've got to sit, listen, and watch, but I'll summarise for you:

In summary newcomers to the industry are encouraged to complete their AAT training, which the firm doesn't finance and so the candidate entirely funds themselves - right up to level 3/4 AAT.
    This is encouraged even if completing AAT (or similar) will have no major effect on your ability to do the job, and in most cases it realistically will not.

The reason the firm does this is because in it's charge out rate calculations, the experience and qualification of the individual is a major factor. So the more qualified you are the higher they charge you out at.
    A person without AAT, even if they've been there 5 years, will have a lower charge out rate than a newcomer to the industry who has put him/herself through AAT level 1/2 prior to entering.

When you complete your AAT, the firm charges you out at a higher rate (approx. £45/50) for a bookkeeper, but doesn't provide you with a higher salary.

"BUT", they say, "when you've completed your AAT training, we have a 'really supportive' advanced training scheme whereby we pay for/subsidise ACCA training".

This isn't a 'really supportive' scheme.
    What's happening is that a very small proportion the extra money the firm is making from all sheep self-funding their AAT qualifications (higher charge out rates) is used to put the 'worthies'/those in the clique through their ACCA (or at least to subsidise the training in part).

The firm markets this to employees as them being people focussed, when in reality the firm is benefitting financially.

All it takes it to stop, look, and use a bit of common sense.

Posted: Feb 11, 2018 By: youngtrepreneur Member since: Mar 17, 2013
  14. Newchodge

But your firm allows people the choice. They can say no way and retain their jobs. Slight difference.

15. Anon10

Absolutely, how they can defend their unorthodox, questionable approach baffles me but no worries, their lookout.

At least we haven't fallen victim, I worked out with training, new laptop, starter pack & travel costs that I would have spent nearly a grand before signing an official contract & even this would be subject to their 3 month probationary period which if not successful would mean you would not receive reimbursement.

What risk do they take on, none, don't they realise whilst employees come & go this is inherent in any employment situation & they have to invest to get their return & provided they live up to what they promise their employee us more likely to stay with them than not.

Hope you are working for a great company like me.

16. Newchodge

Somewhere at the back of my mind is a niggle. I think it is illegal for employers to charge employees to get a job. I am sure it isillegal for agencies, but I can't find anything about employers.

17. youngtrepreneur

It's much easier to catch specific people's attention if you quote them.
    I essentially stumbled upon your reply by chance.

Well it is a veiled 'choice' really though, isn't it.
    Rarely in life are things as black and white as they seem.

In x years time, if one wishes to go for a promotion within this firm and your level of qualification is judged, you must have played their game (and it is a game...for them) assuming you came to the firm as a newcomer to the sector.

In this way what my firm is doing is a slightly veiled version of what the other firm is doing; feeding off of and benefitting from people's desire to learn and progress.

Now there is an argument to say if you want to learn so badly, why should somebody else have to pay for your training.
    But don't forget that as a direct result of your own investment, the firm then directly uses this to justify a higher charge out rate but doesn't give you a salary increase.

18. Newchodge

If you look at the top right hand corner of the page there is a little circle with numbers in it. Hover over it and you will see a list of threads in which you are involved which have new traffic.

19. youngtrepreneur

Yup, those replies are from anybody and everybody, and capture replies not to me directly.

Much love

20. Anon10

Spot on youngtrepreneur, the higher rates are justified to their clients by the qualified person who has done the work hence it benefits them, you may get a pay rise but ultimately staff training is in the company's interests.

This sort of practice of self funding your own training may happen on rare occasions but I'm telling you now if any company I was working for turned around to me & said I had to pay for training with them the next thing they would get is my resignation.

If you're enough of a mug to pay for your own training & let the company reap the rewards of that then that's your lookout.