TAS Accountancy services London

Discussion in 'Accounts & Finance' started by 23286, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Anon10

Anon10 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

When did I ever say the people working for this firm are unintelligent?

I actually work for an accountancy firm myself & have never paid for any of my own training, that is ridiculous, it's for the benefit of the company.

I don't want a back & forth debate with you either, it was you that instigated it, insinuating that people's views here are naive & ill-informed.

Really there are 1,000s of firms that call from a private number during a recruitment process when they are in need of human resources, that again is up there as one of the most ludicrous things I've heard.

Please keep your opinions to yourself if you disagree, especially as you have no knowledge of the company in question.

End of discussion.

Posted: Dec 19, 2017 By: Anon10 Member since: Nov 29, 2017
  2. stacey123

stacey123 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hi everyone,

I have recently gone for an interview with this company and have been offered a junior accountant role. I am still studying to become an accountant so of course I was very excited by the opportunity. The interview was conducted at a completely different address to what is on their website of course I didn't think anything of it. When I arrived at the address it turned out to be an estate agents and I was told that the Taslondon had a space upstairs which they use for recruitment. During the interview I was told I was going to get my own assistant, own office space, on job training and ACCA fees paid in the future. I have now exchanged several emails with this "assistant" and have been sent an invoice of £500 for my training fees. She wrote "If you action this promptly, it will keep things moving in a timely manner with relevant departments". It instructed me to pay this amount into a Barclays bank account under the company name. Of course at this point I have not seen any contracts, any offices or anything else. I have searched this company online and could not find anything apart from fake accounts with images from google. Both of their current and previous address have also been associated with fraud.

This company is complete scam, do not trust them!!

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 By: stacey123 Member since: Feb 5, 2018
  3. 23286

23286 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Thank you Stacey,

I opened this forum and I must thank you for tell you experience. I was in the same office. The offered something similar to me, but you were smarter than me, because I paid 100 pounds. They never give me back that amount.

Carry on looking for a job and Good Luck

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 By: 23286 Member since: Apr 6, 2017
  4. @aiteoconsulting

@aiteoconsulting UKBF Regular Full Member

This is an excellent public service thread.

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 By: @aiteoconsulting Member since: Sep 15, 2015
  5. stacey123

It is laughable, I do not understand how they can scam people like this. I hope that you can get your money back. But is there anything we can do? Can we report them?

6. Anon10

Hi

I was interviewed at a pokey little office above an estate agents, I had to call them to find where they were even though I was yards away from them when u arrived.

They must have changed their recruitment policy recently to be requesting payment for training.

I persevered with them & as I mentioned previously only got my money back when the threat of legal action was made, they cannot keep your money under false pretences so you must pursue if anything on principle alone.

I was first to identify them as ****mers & hope others thinking of applying sit up & take note of theach following.

A completely unprofessional organisation that forever & a day to come back to you resulting in a job seeker constantly chasing them only to either never get through to anyone or to be fobbed off with excuses.

Belligerent staff that don't listen, put their own selfish needs before what should be a priority for them.

Paying for own investment in oneself taking all risks away from them, I say this in all seriousness they will expect you to pay to work fir them.

Please, please steer clear of this company or risk misery & misfortune at your peril.

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 By: Anon10 Member since: Nov 29, 2017
  7. 23286

I don't think we can do something about, if this kind of business exist is because the law allow this activity. Just being careful.

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 By: 23286 Member since: Apr 6, 2017
  8. Anon10

If they were affiliated to a professional body they could be struck off.

The only other thing is to report them to trading standards.

Unfortunately you'll have to chalk it down to a bad experience but be wary in future.

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 By: Anon10 Member since: Nov 29, 2017
  9. stacey123

This just makes me think so they even have any legitamate staff? And they claim their clients include firms like Burberry and Louis Vuitton which is clearly a lie? Do they even have any clients? Or is their purpose purely to scam people like us?

10. 23286

What a surprise today!!! TAS London called me this afternoon, asking me to do an interview. I coudn't believe it. After opening this forum last year,.....

Posted: Feb 8, 2018 By: 23286 Member since: Apr 6, 2017
  11. Anon10

To say they're slow would be a massive understatement, it took them 3 months from my initial interview to contact me & even that was a struggle.

Had to wait for them to call me from a private number so no way to get back in touch if I missed them & when I did miss them weeks would go by before they called again.

I did so much running around, hoping for an opportunity.

I'm so glad I saw the light & the *****sters that they are.

I take it you're not going, but given you created this thread I would go & verbalise face to face everything that's been said here.

Just how many accountants do they need or to say what I actually mean "how much of other people's money do they need to extort" to prop up their worthless balance sheet?

Posted: Feb 8, 2018 By: Anon10 Member since: Nov 29, 2017
  12. stacey123

I thought you’ve already been to an interview with them?

Posted: Feb 8, 2018 By: stacey123 Member since: Feb 5, 2018
  13. 23286

Yes, I was, they interview few times for the same position, last year

14. Anon10

What, why?

15. 23286

Actually, I did two interviews, once in the office they have, where stacey123 said she was. Another one in the bar of a hotel, nearby, and 2 or 3 by phone. But it was for the same vacancy. Why? I was idiot.

16. Anon10

No I meant why so many interviews & why so long between them.

I just had 1 interview at their estate agent offices & a phone interview 3 months later & they offered me the role.

Bizarre firm.

17. stacey123

Wait so after 2 interviews they still didn’t offer the job? And now they’re calling for another one? So how did you end up paying £100 if you didn’t even get the job?

18. 23286

Sorry, You didn't understand me, I didn't accept their job offer last year, I didn't hear from them until today. They forgot that they interviewed me last year

19. stacey123

I don’t know why they took so long to get back to you either. They offered me the job within a week of my interview. The number they called from is ‭020 7372 9347‬

20. stacey123

Ohh right okay. But what did you pay for then?