Accounts & Finance Brought to you by SAP Concur

TAS Accountancy services London

Discussion in 'Accounts & Finance' started by 23286, Apr 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sammy222222

Sammy222222 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4 0
    Hi, I'm not sure what pay packages everyone is on but I do know that I'm earning far above minimum wage. As for Maureen responding, shes probably very busy and doesn't have the time to continuously defend the companies integrity. I see she did write quite a fair amount.
    As for Audit and register- I do not handle audits but I do know that just because a company is offering a service it doesn't necessarily mean that they will be the once providing it - it's called outsourcing. Although I don't think this is the case with TAslondon. I'm sorry but I have to get on with work now.

Posted: Nov 24, 2017 By: Sammy222222 Member since: Nov 24, 2017
  2. Sammy222222

4 0
    Mark - It's also worth noting that Maureens message was sent 4 months ago - There's no conspiracy here!
    This company has been good to me, helps pay my bills so I think it's fair that i respond to people who may have doubts.
    Take care now.

Posted: Nov 24, 2017 By: Sammy222222 Member since: Nov 24, 2017
  3. KAC

KAC UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

805 178
    Posted: Nov 24, 2017 By: KAC Member since: May 7, 2017
  4. Mark T Jones

Mark T Jones UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

1,777 468
    But surely 6ou can ask the principles what their qualifications are?

Also, if it is the website referred to, why they don’t meet the minimum legal requrements for disclosure?

Posted: Nov 24, 2017 By: Mark T Jones Member since: Nov 4, 2015
  5. Mark T Jones

Mark T Jones UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

1,777 468
    As @n aside, I am very familiar with the web address as A hosted address. There is not(jin* wrong with that, but since this business seems to have a lot of staff you would wonder why they don’t have their own address.

Posted: Nov 24, 2017 By: Mark T Jones Member since: Nov 4, 2015
  6. Jaydee

Jaydee UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

1,005 256
    They are clearly neither Registered Auditors (not on the register) nor a top-100 firm (not in the various top 100 lists - they would need fee income of £4.2m to make the list and yet they have only been going for three years and have debtors of £520 in total - quite remarkable debtors days for a firm turning over millions!! Not to mention the exponential growth to hit £4.2m in three years!!).

Also, their Registered Office is virtual and so is their web domain - again unlikely for a reputable firm.

Even more damning is that their 2016 filed accounts are wrong - sad for any firm of accountants but absolutely not possible for a top-100 firm (in 2015 they had no debtors at all, and now suddenly in 2016 they have £1 of unpaid share capital despite there being no allotment in the year).

Sad that they can so blatantly misrepresent themselves to unsuspecting potential clients and employees without any action being taken. I would be surprised if they are a regulated firm at all.

Posted: Nov 26, 2017 By: Jaydee Member since: May 27, 2007
  7. Anon10

Anon10 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

22 2
    Hi

Just thought I'd share my thoughts, I too foolishly applied to this company, their recruitment process is not common by any means, they take forever and a day to come back to me & don't communicate with you.

I am certain they are not affiliated to any accountancy body.

Paying upfront to work for them, no provision of equipment, rude staff members initially the opportunity was intriguing that I didn't think anything of it but the more I found out about it the more suspicious I became.

The compensation plan is a monthly target achieving 2 clients a month, when questioning them about their business model to achieve this as well as querying other aspects of the role I couldn't get a definitive answer.

The final straw was assessing their balance sheet & net worth which turned out to worthless despite them claiming to be a growing business.

I had to hound them for the return of my money & only when the threat of further action was made did they finally return my money.

I most definitely had a lucky escape & thank my lucky stars I I didn't get in any deeper, someone must have been looking out for me, suffice to say I am now working for a reputable, recognised large accountancy firm.

Beware of this firm.

Posted: Nov 29, 2017 By: Anon10 Member since: Nov 29, 2017
  8. JO2000

JO2000 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Thank you for pointing out this company, I'm in the same situation with the same company,
    In my case they demanded I pay for training immediately after I was offered the job. they are very pushy and unprofessional.

Posted: Dec 5, 2017 By: JO2000 Member since: Dec 5, 2017
  9. Anon10

22 2
    Sounds dodgy & completely contrary to one of the earlier posts which talked about them taking on risks for their employees.

It seems they want to do the bare minimum, if you're paying for your own equipment, training then you're not an employee but a contractor, risks & rewards are with you.

Get out & get your money back pronto, they are not what they profess themselves to be.

Posted: Dec 6, 2017 By: Anon10 Member since: Nov 29, 2017
  10. STDFR33

STDFR33 UKBF Big Shot Free Member

3,507 854
    It would appear that they are cowboys... yeeeharrrrrr.

Posted: Dec 6, 2017 By: STDFR33 Member since: Aug 7, 2016
  11. Newchodge

Newchodge UKBF Big Shot Free Member

8,907 2,264
    How long do you think we should wait this time for a happy TAS person to come along and keep this thread alive by pointing out what a wonderful organisation they run, I mean, they work for?

Posted: Dec 6, 2017 By: Newchodge Member since: Nov 8, 2012
  12. STDFR33

STDFR33 UKBF Big Shot Free Member

3,507 854
    £1 on by the end of today.

Posted: Dec 6, 2017 By: STDFR33 Member since: Aug 7, 2016
  13. Anon10

22 2
    Pay for training, you'll be paying for working for them next?

What an absurdity not to mention cheek.

It is what is commonly known to be a scam.

14. Newchodge

Newchodge UKBF Big Shot Free Member

8,907 2,264
    As a matter of interest, does anyone know of any businesses that uses this ****** outfit?

Posted: Dec 6, 2017 By: Newchodge Member since: Nov 8, 2012
  15. Anon10

22 2
    I personally think they're desperate to find anyone to help turn their worthless balance sheet around.

16. UK Contractor Accountant

UK Contractor Accountant UKBF Big Shot Full Member - Verified Business

4,088 696
  17. Sammy222222

4 0

Posted: Dec 19, 2017 By: Sammy222222 Member since: Nov 24, 2017
  18. mykelly

mykelly UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Hello,
    I don't work for this company but I have worked for a company in the past which had a similar recruitment procedure and offered a similar opportunity. Everything worked out perfectly well and I stayed with the company for many years. I just wanted to comment because a lot of people are talking about stuff they don't really understand in here, and yes all companies have people who want to complain about them even some of your larger "legitimate" companies, it's the nature of business you can't please everyone...I know this because I'm now a company director. It's worth noting - whilst your comments may save people from getting cough up with bad organisations they may also cause people to loose perfectly good opportunities which don't come easy. So please be sure you know what you are talking about when you write reviews and don't just speak to be relevant online or sound knowledgeable.

Posted: Dec 19, 2017 By: mykelly Member since: Dec 19, 2017
  19. Anon10

22 2
    I think all of us on here are fairly intelligent people & all recognise something sinister when it's staring us in the face.

It is completely unreasonable, not to mention unheard of for a newly appointed job seeker to have to pay a sum of money upfront as well as training & god knows what else.

Whilst I appreciate what you're saying, this is not justified & belies logic.

Their whole recruitmentioned process took months to resolve, always calling from a private number, no way to get in contact with them, a virtual office.

I'm afraid it's you that doesn't know what they are talking for as you clearly acknowledged you are not a representative of theirs so would have no first hand experience if what I went through & others continue to go through.

I respect your opinion but ask to not dengrave other thoughts who with all due respect are/were better placed to know more than you.

Posted: Dec 19, 2017 By: Anon10 Member since: Nov 29, 2017
  20. mykelly

mykelly UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    It is quite common practice to have to pay for your training in accountancy. My daughter is training with PWC as we speak. However you are right, I can't speak for your experience, but it is like I said, you can't please everyone in business. To say that everyone in here is intelligent enough to see, would suggest that all the people who are currently working for this firm are what...stupid? because apparently they all have a job. Anyhow, i do not wish to get caught up in back and forth, my point is simple, whilst you are well within your rights to speak of your experience - we should just be careful not to cause other people to loose opportunities.
    I mean there are thousands of companies who call from a private number ... it's not unheard of.

Posted: Dec 19, 2017 By: mykelly Member since: Dec 19, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.