TAS Accountancy services London

Discussion in 'Accounts & Finance' started by 23286, Apr 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 23286

23286 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

15 1
    Hi everyone,

I am a jobseeker, few weeks ago, TAS London called me for an interview, I attended the interview, after that, I've done 4 interviews more ( 3 by phone). Finally the offer me the job: Junion accountant. Then, the comany (TAS london) sent me an email with the following steps to be part of them:

"1. Complete the application form and send back to me.
    2. Order your starter Pack
    3. Review and sign the contract.
    4. Complete the business card details form
    5. Create e-mail Address
    6. Arrange for a training day + systems.
    7. Assign you to senior accountant in office. "

On the second step, you must pay £109,99 for the starter pack, before seeing the contract. they justified that, saying that you pay the computer and after that, with your first payslip the pay you back that money.
    I had doubts, but I didn't find anything in forums, so I carried on. The next day they sent me a "Compensation plan" , that was my contract. the most terrible contract I've ever seen. If you get the target you got money if not, you don't get any money. Zero hours contract. Do someone know about this company?

Just I want to warning about this company.

Posted: Apr 6, 2017 By: 23286 Member since: Apr 6, 2017
  2. @aiteoconsulting

@aiteoconsulting UKBF Regular Full Member

399 98
    That's not a zero hours contract (which is a contract with no guarantee of minimum hours) but a zero pay contract - which, if it is as you describe, would appear to be against the law, at least in terms of minimum wage legislation.

Posted: Apr 6, 2017 By: @aiteoconsulting Member since: Sep 15, 2015
  3. 23286

15 1
    Hi aiteo, I agree it could not be a zero hours contract, but is still not normal. I am a beginner in accountancy, I don't know if is this a normal way to get your first job as a accountant. Althought is not even a contract is a "compensation plan", it does not say how many days of holidays I have,.. it is not clear

4. @aiteoconsulting

399 98
    Absolutely agree that it is not normal, and certainly not the way to get started in the accounting profession.

If it is this company: http://www.taslondon.co.uk/home

then there is no reference to a membership of any professional accounting body, yet they claim they carry out audits. Might be worth asking which professional body they belong to?

5. 23286

15 1
    It's a good question. Anyway just I want to make a warning, because probably I am not the only one and on behalf on the accountancy profession. As a CIMA student I've already sent them an email about this company. I think I am going carry on looking for a job. Thank you for your help. Very kind from you

6. UK Contractor Accountant

UK Contractor Accountant UKBF Big Shot Full Member - Verified Business

4,271 720
    They say they are a mid-tier firm (top 100) so I suspect they are regulated by ACA or ACCA.

Posted: Apr 6, 2017 By: UK Contractor Accountant Member since: Sep 18, 2013
  7. UK Contractor Accountant

4,271 720
    what target was mentioned in the contract?

Posted: Apr 6, 2017 By: UK Contractor Accountant Member since: Sep 18, 2013
  8. 23286

15 1
    There is no monthly target mentioned, it is annual. I can send you the compentation plan, you can see for yourself.

9. STDFR33

STDFR33 UKBF Big Shot Free Member

3,532 858
    Have you paid money to these people?

Posted: Apr 6, 2017 By: STDFR33 Member since: Aug 7, 2016
  10. @aiteoconsulting

399 98
    Claiming they are a mid-tier firm proves little. I'd be surprised if they are regulated by either institute.

11. 23286

15 1
    Unfortunately, I did. I thought it was part of the equipment (computer) as they said and they were going to pay me back that money with my first payslip. I feel silly.

12. UK Contractor Accountant

4,271 720
    yes send over

Posted: Apr 7, 2017 By: UK Contractor Accountant Member since: Sep 18, 2013
  13. UK Contractor Accountant

4,271 720
    The compensation contract - never seen this before as a way of taking on a junior accountant. Pay them nothing if they not do not reach a monthly target of new clients introduced each month.

More like a commission only sales job!

Posted: Apr 7, 2017 By: UK Contractor Accountant Member since: Sep 18, 2013
  14. 23286

15 1
    What a shame. Anyway thank you for your advice, it have been so useful for me.

Posted: Apr 7, 2017 By: 23286 Member since: Apr 6, 2017
  15. Maureen_fe

Maureen_fe UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Hi All,

I have read the thread of conversation above regarding Taslondon Accountancy Service.
    Given my experience with this firm, I felt compelled to respond.

I strongly disagree with the above comments, as I have been working with Taslondon for several years, and the company has been nothing but efficient and professional.

When I first started, Taslondon did require me to pay for my starter pack but I was able to receive the money refunded with my first pay check as they promised. I was given an agreement to sign but was under no pressure or obligation to do so. Granted their business model is slightly different from the conventional but this company does offer a lot more to their employee's and takes a lot more risk for their employee's including financially. A refundable fee to obtain some of my Hitech work essentials before I start was fair enough in my opinion.

I've gained a lot of experience and work with a group of very friendly and diverse people. I believe the above comments are slightly unfair particularly if they are coming from someone who has never worked for Taslondon.

Posted: Jul 21, 2017 By: Maureen_fe Member since: Jul 21, 2017
  16. @aiteoconsulting

399 98
    Maureen,

Thanks for your comment. Given your understanding of the firm, would you be able to clear up the question about which accountancy institute regulates the firm, in particular given the fact it carries out statutory audits?

Many thanks

Posted: Jul 21, 2017 By: @aiteoconsulting Member since: Sep 15, 2015
  17. KAC

KAC UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

932 205
    Can't find them on the statutory auditor register o_O

Posted: Jul 21, 2017 By: KAC Member since: May 7, 2017
  18. Sammy222222

Sammy222222 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4 0
    Hi Was just here in passing.

I work for Taslondon and they are a great company to work for. Joining the Taslondon team is one of the best things I done. There is a structured process which you have to follow during recruitment and it did seem a little different to me but in the end it's very worth it.

There are some genuine companies out there who do things differently, we don't have to be paranoid about everything.

Posted: Nov 24, 2017 By: Sammy222222 Member since: Nov 24, 2017
  19. Newchodge

Newchodge UKBF Big Shot Free Member

9,992 2,548
    Perhaps you could answer the questions that your colleaguie Maureen was unable, or unwilling to answer.

Perhaps you could also explain how the compensation package meets Minimum Wage law?

Posted: Nov 24, 2017 By: Newchodge Member since: Nov 8, 2012
  20. Mark T Jones

Mark T Jones UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

2,129 575
    It's certainly fortuitous that 2 employees chanced by the forum and signed up just to support the firm!

Hopefully one of them can answer the questions asked!

Posted: Nov 24, 2017 By: Mark T Jones Member since: Nov 4, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.