Tango Ice Blast Slush Machine In Sweetie Shop

Discussion in 'Retail' started by Carla_B, Jul 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carla_B

Carla_B UKBF Newcomer Free Member

10 0
    Hi,
    I am looking into installing a tango ice blast slush machine into a local sweetie shop, and was wondering if anyone had any experience of selling these iced drinks?
    As the start up cost is so high, I'm unsure if it is worth it.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Carla

Posted: Jul 21, 2016 By: Carla_B Member since: May 10, 2016
  2. Mark T Jones

Mark T Jones UKBF Big Shot Free Member

5,376 2,186
    Many supplier install the machine for free and sell you consumables

However this thread might do better in the retail forum.

Posted: Jul 21, 2016 By: Mark T Jones Member since: Nov 4, 2015
  3. Kat Haylock

Kat Haylock Community Editor Administrator

452 232
    I agree - moved to Retail :)

Carla_B - do local business have similar iced drink machines? Is there a market for them?

Posted: Jul 21, 2016 By: Kat Haylock Member since: Jul 11, 2016
  4. mhall

mhall UKBF Ace Free Member

2,521 1,120
    Slush Puppies have long been a staple in many sweet shops. Decent margin and an attractive display. It does have quite a large footprint though so you need to be sure your sales will justify the space given to the machine

Posted: Jul 21, 2016 By: mhall Member since: Sep 8, 2009
  5. warnie

warnie UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

523 245
    Buy your own is my advice as long as you have plenty of footfall. We sell ours all year round to both adults and kids. On decent summer days we can make £100-150 just on slush sales. So in theory you could recoup say a £2500 outlay for a slush machine in a month. Yes I know it doesn't work as easy as that normally but I would imagine that 3 months worth of sales over the summer should easily cover the outlay, which leaves you 9 months of making around 85p per £1 slush sale for the rest of the year...

Just check out your local area to see if anyone else is selling it and also sell Ice cream alongside your slush offering. We sell marshfield organic Ice cream and at £1.80 or £2.70 a pop your takings over the summer soon start to add up:)

Posted: Jul 25, 2016 By: warnie Member since: Sep 24, 2007
  6. Carla_B

Carla_B UKBF Newcomer Free Member

10 0
    Thanks everyone.
    Due to the brand of slush, the company doesn't sell the machine, so instead I would pay (a rather large) deposit for having the machine for 3 years. I have decided to look into the machine more next summer, and concentrate on ice cream for now.
    Does anyone have any advice on ice cream toppings? In particular, hot sauces.

Thanks
    Carla

Posted: Aug 13, 2016 By: Carla_B Member since: May 10, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.