Taking the plunge and opening a kitchen showroom

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Liam-a, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Beyond

Beyond UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0

Posted: Feb 14, 2019 By: Beyond Member since: Jun 6, 2018
  2. GraemeL

GraemeL Pain in the neck? Full Member - Verified Business

5,063 1,084
    Yes that's them. I have fitted a kitchen bought from them and its terrific quality with a huge number of options.
    They have various delivery options as well, which matters when assembled carcasses are involved

Posted: Feb 14, 2019 By: GraemeL Member since: Sep 7, 2011
  3. Dizzybee

Dizzybee UKBF Contributor Free Member

32 1
    Liam I just wondered how u r doing
    I'm opening a bathroom showroom soon and wondered if you have any tips for me. Thanks x

Posted: Apr 13, 2019 By: Dizzybee Member since: Feb 21, 2019
  4. Stedurham

Stedurham UKBF Regular Free Member

311 44
    Bathroom and kitchen showrooms around me are either up for sale or closing be very careful and do your research but a 2k a week you will be closed within a year, unless you have deep pockets

Posted: Apr 13, 2019 By: Stedurham Member since: May 11, 2018
  5. Stedurham

311 44
    Dizzy what are your fixed costs a month? One in a town near me is doing 250-300k a year and losing money it was up for sale. I did look at buying it as would have tied in with another business well. How big is space you are looking to rent?
    Have you any experience in this field?

6. Dizzybee

32 1
    Hi stedurnham I used to work in a kitchen showroom so have some ideal. My partner is a fitter and fits mainly bathrooms and tiling. He has a tram of 7 fitters so we will provide an in house fitting service and this will provide extra revenue. My showroom is 1000 as ft. My rent us £180 per week Inc all bills and maintenance.

I'm expecting to sell 4 - 5 bathrooms a week to start off with at a minimum of £5k .

7. Dizzybee

32 1
    Yes I've revised my figures as my projections were too low.

8. Stedurham

311 44
    Hi mark out 1000sq ft by time you put an office in have some storage for suites coming in, Stock of basic items used. I don't think this will be big enough to showcase your products might be wrong.
    If hes got team of 7 fitting teams you have enough work as he is, do you need extra stress and staff to cover a shop 6 days a week? Most have a large tile displace, lvt area, electrical just spot lights etc, cladding options then the actual bathroom seems small to me

9. Stedurham

311 44
    Bills additional, you will need a card machine, phone line, internet, heating etc. Sounds like you have the experience and definitely got the fitting teams covered, this is hardest part. Just be careful on location, that's the biggest issue

10. Dory

Dory UKBF Newcomer Free Member

17 7
    Since adding bathrooms into our range they have really gone well - we don't compete with the sheds or online places - we do mid-market but fully designed, fitted, project managed which is what our customers want - as above stick to brands that will support you - we don't have a large showroom area - just a wetroom, family bathroom, modern bathroom, some furniture etc. - offer a complete package with lighting, accessories etc to bump up the order value - be aware of all the rules employing/sub-contracting staff

Posted: Apr 16, 2019 By: Dory Member since: May 19, 2017
  11. Dizzybee

32 1
    Dory thank so much for your input. Finally.. a positive response from someone who is in the business. Please.pm me i'd love to get your valuable input and advice x

Posted: Apr 16, 2019 By: Dizzybee Member since: Feb 21, 2019
  12. Dizzybee

32 1
    Thanks stedurnham. I really appreciaye all yoir posts you have been very helpful !

Posted: Apr 16, 2019 By: Dizzybee Member since: Feb 21, 2019
  13. Redd

Redd UKBF Regular Full Member

196 11
    All the best Liam. Is there a shopping centre you can use rather than a showroom? Pay 4-5k on a decent stand with lots of interactive stuff and samples/brochures etc. Huge footfall.

Other than that then leaflets and Facebook will be the easiest and cheapest way to get in to it.

LinkedIn has also got to be a great shout. Contacting builders etc

Good luck

Posted: Apr 17, 2019 By: Redd Member since: May 4, 2013