Sweets vending business, any good?

Discussion in 'First Steps To Starting A Business' started by Tsu, Feb 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsu

Tsu UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Hi all.
    I’m new to the forum. I want to start a business to generate a second income with low startup cost, average £3000. I have come across sweet vending franchises online and wondering if there is still money to be made in this business and which franchise people would advise.
    Any alternative ideas are most welcome. I already work long hours in my current job and am no good with online marketing.
    Thank you

Posted: Feb 20, 2018 By: Tsu Member since: Feb 20, 2018
  2. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

19,108 2,214
    You will need to pay to have some place host the machine. Presumably pay to have someone replenish supplies.

You may make a little money for that investment, or you may lose money. Can take a while before you cover the cost of the machines and can end up like some of the hospitals are now, getting rid of what they see as 'unhealthy'. So forcing machine to be moved or offer different items.

Have you thought of investing in the stock market?

Or invest in yourself, get additional qualifications and get a job that hasn't got such long hours?

Posted: Feb 20, 2018 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  3. James Rae

James Rae UKBF Regular Full Member

135 25
    There are lots of franchise style businesses like sweet vending but unfortunately the only people who make money are typically the franchisor. I would check with the British Franchise Association or suchlike to see if they are recognised and determine if they have truthful reviews.

Posted: Apr 5, 2018 By: James Rae Member since: Mar 31, 2018
  4. DG web consultancy

DG web consultancy UKBF Contributor Free Member

58 5
    Not specifically sweets (well kind of) but vending machines for businesses is something I've been interested in just for a sake of entertaining the idea.

Investing in yourself is the best thing you can so my recommendation is learn some more skills (e.g.: use a learning website, read some books, etc). You'd be surprised what you can the little free time you have and very little investment.

Posted: Apr 5, 2018 By: DG web consultancy Member since: Apr 2, 2018
  5. DG web consultancy

DG web consultancy UKBF Contributor Free Member

58 5
    I'd also recommend a couple of books that sound relevant to your interests:
    • 50 dollar startup by Chris Guillebeau
    • rich dad poor dad by Robert Kiyosaki and Sharon Lechter
    As a starting point on thinking about investing your money into some kind of side hustle I think that's worth doing.

Posted: Apr 5, 2018 By: DG web consultancy Member since: Apr 2, 2018
  6. KAC

KAC UKBF Ace Free Member

1,105 251
    OP doesn't appear to have been back since the day he posted the question, 20 Feb 2018

Posted: Apr 5, 2018 By: KAC Member since: May 7, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.