Ecommerce Forum Brought to you by i-bidder.com

Supplement Company Startup, Advice On Delivery

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by Aiden8889, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Aiden8889

Aiden8889 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    Hi I'm wanting to start a supplement company and needed advice of delivery services since competitors manage to give their customers, how do they do this?, do they just pay a flat rate or do they just make less profit and give their customers free delivery and pay it themselves?, I'd mostly be delivering under 5kg at a time in supplement style tubs.

Posted: Oct 13, 2018 By: Aiden8889 Member since: Oct 13, 2018
  2. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

9,765 1,018
    However you want to do it.

Royal mail or courier. With bulk comes lower charges per item.
    Don't forget the packaging costs too.

Whether you charge extra or build it into the pricing is up to you. Can be the same total cost to the buyer either way if you want.

Posted: Oct 13, 2018 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  3. HouseSnagging.com

HouseSnagging.com UKBF Contributor Full Member

32 3
    You need to at least match what your competition is offering and even better try and beat their offering - My wife always banging on “but it’s free delivery”

Posted: Oct 14, 2018 By: HouseSnagging.com Member since: Sep 27, 2018
  4. lavster

lavster UKBF Regular Free Member

120 4
    there is no such thing as free delivery but people online seem to hate paying it even if it works out cheaper the item + p+p. Depending on your quantities you may be better off getting a quote from hermes / dpd etc and have a look round some of the parcel comparison sites that can even import your orders from sales channels

Posted: Oct 18, 2018 at 10:56 AM By: lavster Member since: Nov 24, 2014
  5. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

9,765 1,018
    If I don't charge you extra for delivery then to you its free delivery. What it is to me as a seller can be considerable delivery fee.
    How I price the item is up to me.

Sold an item the other day, delivery was £8 - it was free delivery to the customer and the price included the costs I have.

Posted: Oct 18, 2018 at 11:28 AM By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017