Summer charity event - need geeky volunteers

Discussion in 'North East' started by paulomunky, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulomunky

paulomunky UKBF Newcomer Free Member

80 0
    Hey guys,

I'm busy gathering early interest for a North East (Newcastle) event which my company 1DayLater is organising with the help of 'Sunderland Software City' this summer. It is for a great charity cause and will help those involved build on their network and gain exposure for their company

The event, called Webdurance, is a 24 hour charity event on May 14th which will bring teams of designers, coders and writers together to create charity websites overnight.

It will be held at Newcastles Culture Lab and there should be around 40 volunteers altogether, supporting around half a dozen different charities.

We have plenty of volunteers and we're gathering some more sponsors, which include some big names. Hopefully we can get some pizza & energy drinks suppliers to sponsor us as well!

You can follow @webdurance on twitter or chat with me @paul_1daylater for more info. I'm also on skype and msn ([email protected]) We will have a full time co-ordinator closer to the time so I'll aim to update this discussion with their details.

Take Care,

Paul,
    http://1DayLater.com - time, money & mileage tracking software for freelancers & consultants

Posted: Feb 8, 2010 By: paulomunky Member since: Dec 12, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.