Striking off a ltd company which has never traded

Discussion in 'Insolvency' started by Motorbike, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Motorbike

Motorbike UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    Hello, My names Jeff
    I've tried finding out wether it was possible to just apply to have your company struck off with out needing to file final tax accounts since the company is dormant (no activity since company registration), with no debt.

I have found that HRMC need to be informed if you a stricking off. So therefore do I need to file my (first and final) tax accounts, inorder to notify HRMC?

Any help/ advice would be much appreciated
    Thank you, Jeff

Posted: Jun 16, 2020 By: Motorbike Member since: Jun 16, 2020
  2. Scalloway

Scalloway UKBF Legend Free Member

16,188 3,420
    I wouldn't bother. Have HMRC asked for a tax return?

Posted: Jun 16, 2020 By: Scalloway Member since: Jun 6, 2010
  3. Motorbike

3 0
    Thanks for the reply. Answering your question, no they haven't since the company is inactive.

I'm just confused at the fact that I need to 'file my final accounts(with HRMC)', inorder to apply to strike off. Moreover, to file my accounts, I need to declare that my company is now active.

Posted: Jun 17, 2020 By: Motorbike Member since: Jun 16, 2020
  4. Scalloway

Scalloway UKBF Legend Free Member

16,188 3,420
    That advice is aimed at companies that have been trading but have wound down their activities before strike off. A company that has never traded has no need to provide anything to HMRC.

Just go ahead and apply for strike off.

Posted: Jun 17, 2020 By: Scalloway Member since: Jun 6, 2010
  5. Motorbike

3 0
    I'll come back to let the forum kn
    Thanks, I have applied online and have been successful. I just called HRMC (corporation tax department) on 03002003410 to inform them about the striking off of the company. They then said they'll take a note of this and I can go ahead and file the DS01 application.

Posted: Jun 17, 2020 By: Motorbike Member since: Jun 16, 2020