Striking off a dormant limited company

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by MR HK, Oct 11, 2019.

1. MR HK

MR HK UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Hi all,

New here and very new to this own company stuff, hopefully this is the right place.

I have a limited company that was incorporated on 1 September 2018. Since then, the company has not traded. I am the sole owner/director with no other shareholders. I also do not have an accountant.

Now, I have decided to dissolve the company a year on. Apart from my Confirmation Statement, I have not filed any first accounts with Companies House yet. I also did not inform HMRC that the company will and has been dormant. I have not received any reminders from HMRC yet regarding CT or any other taxes. I only received the 'CT: Information for new companies' letter at the start.

Before I send Companies House form DS01, I know I must send final statutory accounts and a Company Tax Return to HMRC, stating that these are the final trading accounts and that the company will soon be dissolved.

Two questions:

1. Is it OK if I did not inform HMRC at the start that my company will be dormant, and has been for the last 12 months?
    2. Before I send my final accounts to HMRC, do I need to file my Dormant Company Accounts with Companies House? I have not filed any accounts with Companies House since it was incorporated on 1 September 2018.

Thanks in advance!

Posted: Oct 11, 2019 By: MR HK Member since: Oct 11, 2019
  2. SteLacca

SteLacca UKBF Ace Free Member

1,479 288
    If the company hasn't traded and so has no income, I wouldn't worry about it. Just send the DS01.

If HMRC object to strike off, then politely point out to them that the company hasn't traded and there's nothing to report.

Posted: Oct 11, 2019 By: SteLacca Member since: Jun 16, 2016