Strike-off of a dormant company suspended

Discussion in 'Insolvency' started by Subtle, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Subtle

Subtle UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 1
    Hi all,

I created a company a few years ago in a fit of enthusiasm, for an idea that never got off the ground. I've applied to strike it off, and someone has objected. The company is dormant — it has never traded, and has no assets.

The Gazette notice for the strike off came out on the 10th of December, and the application was suspended on the 11th of January — I found out about it when I checked Companies House search earlier this week out of curiosity. I haven't received any letters at all, yet, from Companies House or from the Objector.

Is this something I need to worry about? The only people I could think of who might object would be HMRC... but I can't think of any reason they would care? Do I need to take any action or just wait and see? I'm a little bit worried about it... but mostly, just puzzled.

Posted: Feb 15, 2020 By: Subtle Member since: Nov 14, 2018
  2. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

22,821 2,747
    Just wait. Eventually struck off.
    HMRC are most likely culprits. It doesn't matter though - eventually they get ignored by companies house.

Posted: Feb 15, 2020 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  3. Subtle

3 1
    So nothing worry about then? Thanks, I was concerned I'd missed something.

Posted: Feb 15, 2020 By: Subtle Member since: Nov 14, 2018
  4. KAC

KAC UKBF Ace Free Member

1,195 269
    Have you notified HMRC it has never traded?

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 By: KAC Member since: May 7, 2017
  5. Subtle

3 1
    I hadn't realised they wouldn't know that already -- I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 By: Subtle Member since: Nov 14, 2018
  6. Lisa Thomas

Lisa Thomas UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

3,515 445
    Hi

Unless you lodge the relevant returns to HMRC, HMRC do not know the status of the Company, how much debt (if any) they might be owed, which may or may not motivate them to begin recovery proceedings against the Company, or whether there might be director loan accounts owed to the Company by Directors which they might want a Liquidator to try and recover.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 By: Lisa Thomas Member since: Apr 20, 2015