Stat Demand, DLA, Bankruptcy, Marital Home

Discussion in 'Insolvency' started by Woodstain Wally, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Lisa Thomas

Lisa Thomas UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

2,050 256
    Best of luck with it WW. The O.R's office will be in touch very soon and invite you to an interview.

Posted: Sep 27, 2016 By: Lisa Thomas Member since: Apr 20, 2015
  2. Woodstain Wally

Woodstain Wally UKBF Newcomer Free Member

19 0
    Over a year has now passed and I agreed to a payments order of £500 per month for three years, which I am up to date with and had 18 months left. I am now discharged formally according to the insolvency register (no-one informed me).The only asset with any potential value in it is the marital home. I guess the TIB is waiting as long as they can within the time limit, to see what the value of my portion of the equity is. In the meantime, the TIB has requested from my current employer (from my wife who is sole director of the current Ltd co) details of all dividend payemnts made to me during the past three years. They have requested dates, amounts and methods of every single payment made to me during that period, ie., before, during and after the bankruptcy. My wife has put together a report detailing what has been requested, but she asked me to double check whether or not the TIB is entitled to request such information from an employer and – if they are – for how long can they request this?

I’m happy to be open, but just thought I’d do a sense-check before my wife sends the response to TIB. Why would they need this? Their letter says it is because they have a duty to assess the conduct of the debtor (me). Are they simply checking that they original income figures I supplied are about right? Or something else?

Any thoughts? Cheers

Wally

Posted: Jan 29, 2018 By: Woodstain Wally Member since: Apr 27, 2016
  3. Chris Ashdown

Chris Ashdown UKBF Legend Free Member

9,425 1,913
    Wally one thing i did notice was talk of your wife being sole director, you do realise that you cannot act as a shadow director whilst bankrupt but assume once cleared you can go back to being a director

Posted: Jan 29, 2018 By: Chris Ashdown Member since: Dec 7, 2003
  4. Lisa Thomas

Lisa Thomas UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

2,050 256

Posted: Jan 29, 2018 By: Lisa Thomas Member since: Apr 20, 2015
  5. Woodstain Wally

Woodstain Wally UKBF Newcomer Free Member

19 0
    Chris

Thanks, yes. I ceased to be a director when the order was made but remain a shareholder. I leave all company matters to the sole director, my wife.

I’m just looking on here for a view. She will respond anyway ( no influence from me), I’m just interested why they may want this? Nothing to hide!

Thanks

WW

Posted: Jan 31, 2018 By: Woodstain Wally Member since: Apr 27, 2016
  6. Chris Ashdown

Chris Ashdown UKBF Legend Free Member

9,425 1,913
    Hi

Just making sure that any contracts last year were not signed by yourself etc as it could be seen as a shadow director

Posted: Jan 31, 2018 By: Chris Ashdown Member since: Dec 7, 2003