Starting a security and cleaning company

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Bonjo, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Bonjo

Bonjo UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Hi All,

I have recently started a security and cleaning business in London. I have some experience working in a sales role in a company that did the same services so i know how to market and sale the services. I am thinking of getting safe contractor accreditation but not sure how to go about it. Can i apply if at the moment i don't have any employees? I have 5 self employed operatives doing few odd jobs here and there.

Also, if anyone here can help or point me to the right place, i am looking for help with putting together company policies and procedures, QMS and quotation/service agreements and such documentss

This is my first post here so please apologies if i haven't followed proper forum protocol in my questions.

Thank you

Posted: Feb 23, 2021 By: Bonjo Member since: Feb 23, 2021
  2. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

27,285 3,347
    No idea about the rest but make very sure your self employed people are not actually employees.
    While there are instances of security using self employed many instead have to use employees to keep contracts.

Posted: Feb 23, 2021 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  3. intheTRADE

intheTRADE UKBF Regular Free Member

376 140
    We can help with the policies and quotation agreements etc if you want to drop me a PM.

In regards to Safe Contractor you can apply but the application needs to be spot on - This is also something we can advise on

Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 12:10 AM By: intheTRADE Member since: Apr 14, 2019
  4. KAC

KAC UKBF Ace Free Member

1,378 319
    Totally agree. Look at the Supreme Court judgement on Uber

Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 1:19 PM By: KAC Member since: May 7, 2017
  5. WaveJumper

WaveJumper UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

750 149
    Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 7:49 PM By: WaveJumper Member since: Aug 26, 2013