spotlight xs management / Spark media Group - Complaint

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by D.G Holdings and Procurement, Sep 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D.G Holdings and Procurement

D.G Holdings and Procurement UKBF Newcomer Free Member

56 3
    Hi all,

Forgive me but I need to air this.

On the 14/07/2011 I was offered a website hosting and redesign service by a member of this forum for my drop shipping business. After discussion I paid an initial deposit and watched as work was done to my "new look site".

On the 09/08/2011 I paid a final fee as the website was seemingly complete, as soon as I did this I received an email to state there had been a server issue and my website had been taken down. It has since been put back up, is totally incomplete and nothing has been done on it since to get it back to operating standards.

I have sent numerous emails but I have had no work done on the site since. I can't help but get the feeling that I have been ripped off for something that was seemingly a simple job.

The company is Spotlight XS Management / Spark media Group / Interactive Media Solutions.

Paypal will not grant disputes in my favor as according to their terms the website is intangible and as such cannot be judged for value.

Any advice would be appreciated as my business is now suffering because of these issues and if anyone who works for this company sees this I would appreciate a response to the last 5+ emails I have sent about this.

I am fully expecting replies of "you get what you pay for" etc. but I did not expect this to happen from what seemed to be a reputable person on a business forum designed for helping UK businesses.

Any advice on what to do now would be appreciated.

Posted: Sep 2, 2011 By: D.G Holdings and Procurement Member since: May 15, 2011
  2. owas

owas UKBF Ace Free Member

1,409 256
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
    Posted: Sep 2, 2011 By: owas Member since: Jan 3, 2010
  3. Eagle

Eagle UKBF Legend Free Member

5,382 598
    Did you attempt to phone him at any point? Do you have a business address? Did you agree to a contract?

Posted: Sep 2, 2011 By: Eagle Member since: Oct 3, 2004
  4. owas

owas UKBF Ace Free Member

1,409 256
    I spoke to him on the phone, and it was the same lad from different departments.

Posted: Sep 2, 2011 By: owas Member since: Jan 3, 2010
  5. Eagle

Eagle UKBF Legend Free Member

5,382 598
    Did you agree to a contract? It sounds like you did. Why not enforce it via the courts?

Posted: Sep 2, 2011 By: Eagle Member since: Oct 3, 2004
  6. MASSEY

MASSEY UKBF Legend Full Member

10,328 1,783
    They don't have a website that ranks for anyone of the business names they use :eek: I never realised you gave sparkmedia guy the job i forgot about their bad reviews on the forum.

What else should be done to your site that they havent done?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
    Posted: Sep 2, 2011 By: MASSEY Member since: Nov 29, 2009
  7. D.G Holdings and Procurement

D.G Holdings and Procurement UKBF Newcomer Free Member

56 3
    The only agreement we had was what was discussed via PM on here and via email.

As for the things they haven't done:

Cannot access the admin for website
    Cannot access website webmail
    All information pages incomplete
    Missing numerous categories for products
    Missing products

There are plenty of other things that have not been done but what makes it worse is the fact they actually fully completed the website and then took it down to what it is now.

I have spoken to them but now all 3 numbers ring out and no answer.

Posted: Sep 2, 2011 By: D.G Holdings and Procurement Member since: May 15, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.