Spongebob method doesn't work - any advice?

Discussion in 'Insolvency' started by EL1, Mar 18, 2020.

1. EL1

EL1 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Hi everyone,

Over 2 years ago I came across this business forum and the SpongeBob method.

I followed all the exact steps to the letter. Like most others on this forum have stated I was not surprised when HMRC raised an objection to the company being struck off.

However, that was over 2 years ago and the company still has NOT been dissolved. All companies house has to say when I contact them is that HMRC has objected and they keep extending their objection deadline.

HMRC on their systems has the company status as Dormant since 03/01/2018. I have written countless letters to HMRC about their objection stating that the company has ceased trading since the beginning of Jan 2018 and cannot pay its debts.

I have also sent this reply to debt collectors appointed by HMRC which has gotten rid of the debt collectors.

Most people on this forum have said that companies house gets fed up of HMRC objecting all the time and will eventually dissolve the company but this is now over 2 years in my case.

I have not filed a confirmation statement with companies house for the last 2 years either.

And right now my only source of income is my universal credit payment every month.

I am at a lost now what to do. How do I close this company? Any advice would be appreciated!

Posted: Mar 18, 2020 By: EL1 Member since: Mar 18, 2020
  2. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

21,996 2,586
    You wait.

Posted: Mar 18, 2020 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  3. Alison Moore

Alison Moore UKBF Regular Full Member

372 52
    yep wait or pay the debt with HMRC. I guess the larger the debt the longer it goes on for, as HMRC aren't going to be so keen for Companies House to close a company if there is still a large debt owed.

Posted: Mar 18, 2020 By: Alison Moore Member since: Aug 4, 2016
  4. Newchodge

Newchodge UKBF Big Shot Free Member

14,155 3,731
    Have you re-applied for strike off?

Posted: Mar 18, 2020 By: Newchodge Member since: Nov 8, 2012
  5. thevaliant

thevaliant UKBF Regular Free Member

107 27
    Stop contacting people?

Everytime you do so, it'll raise a flag somewhere and put you back on the radar.

Ignore EVERYTHING from now on. Pretend the company doesn't exist. Then eventually it won't.

Posted: Mar 19, 2020 By: thevaliant Member since: Dec 9, 2008
  6. Financial-Modeller

Financial-Modeller UKBF Enthusiast Full Member

673 224
    Sorry to hear that running up debts against creditors and freely using somebody else's method to avoid ever repaying those debts has now become an inconvenience.

Posted: Mar 19, 2020 By: Financial-Modeller Member since: Jul 3, 2012
  7. Alpha Helica Peptides

Alpha Helica Peptides UKBF Contributor Free Member

59 6
    I think you have to wait for the response, I think they are trying to resolve their internal issues. Good Luck!

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 By: Alpha Helica Peptides Member since: Feb 10, 2020