Small businesses and the Tottenham riots

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by DanMartin, Aug 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmmm

hmmm UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1,722 127
    you do have a point and i may have been a tad one dimensional.although theres no such thing as one dimension,so i may have been a tad something else.
    regarding real life,i can only say my life is real no less real as someone living in tottenham.different life rather than real life, may describe it better.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
    Posted: Oct 22, 2011 By: hmmm Member since: Apr 14, 2011
  2. talipg

talipg UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    hi im a young business entrupeneur in tottenham i run two family owned businesses in north london along the high rd (laundrette + restaurant).

after the riots in august not much has een done to support us which is a fact, we had a business rate releif which reducted only approx of £1000 but ever since the people in tottenham seem to disappear after 7pm.

the only resultion for n17 and its surroundings is the northumberland park development project which seems to take forever.

i am not at the stage of closing the restaurant to balance my break even point.

its time the goverment take serious affective action and restore the area, because the i love tottenham scheme hasnt made much of a difference.

happy new year readers of this blog feel free to comment.

Posted: Jan 5, 2012 By: talipg Member since: Jan 5, 2012
  3. Doodle-Noodle

Doodle-Noodle UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,156 1,073
    You should probably start a new thread to get some response on here as this one is a bit old now ........ hope all is well for you.

Posted: Jan 6, 2012 By: Doodle-Noodle Member since: Oct 11, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.