Small Business & Laws

Discussion in 'Legal' started by Vijay Bangar, Mar 17, 2019 at 2:30 PM.

1. Vijay Bangar

Vijay Bangar UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    Hey folks, hope you are well.

As a small internet marketing business, i feel there are so many laws and they cost so much time to follow and this has affected my business profits. I am not saying i want to not follow these laws, but it has made me paranoid that if i break any little law i may go to prison? Such as not having my website accessible for customers with disabilities and i over obsess about things.

How can i stay compliant with the laws, but not over obsess about them, so it interferes with my functioning of my business. Any help you can give i would be thankful for, i appreciate your time.

Regards,

Vijay

Posted: Mar 17, 2019 at 2:30 PM By: Vijay Bangar Member since: Mar 17, 2019
  2. Newchodge

Newchodge UKBF Big Shot Free Member

11,316 2,901
    In the first place you only go to prison if you break criminal laws. For the most part the laws that affect small businesses are civil laws, that may result in a fine if you are in breach, but not prison.

The laws that affect you business will depend on what kind of business you are running. But, very generally, if you behave in business in a way that feels to you to be respectful towards your (potential) customers and suppliers, you should be all right. Then maintain membership of a site like this to check areas that you are not sure about.

Posted: Mar 17, 2019 at 2:43 PM By: Newchodge Member since: Nov 8, 2012
  3. Vijay Bangar

Vijay Bangar UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    Thank you so much Newchodge, that was very helpful. I appreciate your response very much.

That has helped me moving forward and i am a new member to this site and will of course retain my membership here for any advice moving forward. Best wishes to you.

Posted: Mar 17, 2019 at 3:04 PM By: Vijay Bangar Member since: Mar 17, 2019