Site nearly finished, feedback required!

Discussion in 'Website Reviews & Testing' started by Syd, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Fagin2021

Fagin2021 Full Member
    Contributor

353 225
    WebshopMechanic said:
    Offer price guide download - This helps to qualify time-wasters out and customers in. Being transparent on pricing ensures trust

You can argue this both ways. If I know I'm going to buy epoxy resin flooring, I want a quote to compare suppliers. If I'm nearer the beginning of my buying journey and I'm comparing products for say, a new kitchen floor - like tiles, wood, lino - I just want a ballpark figure to see what's feasible. Will it cost me £500 or £5000? In that case, a guide is better - I don't want to talk to anyone or have a salesperson call.

By providing a rough guide - like £ per square metre - as well as the option to get a quote, you're covering your bases.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 By: Fagin2021 Member since: Jan 27, 2021
  2. Lucan Unlordly

Lucan Unlordly Contributor

2,421 467
    Maybe further down the line, yes but as a new business with the potential to do domestic and commercial work, with, I would imagine, the costs varying considerably dependent on the finish, to start putting out ball park figures at this stage, which could well be higher than others, would not be helpful.

As a salesman you should always try to avoid giving the customer everything upfront, particularly on a major expenditure when you are at an advantage if you get to talk to them. You should want the calls.

I've been looking to replace an external window with a frameless glass door. I made two calls to potential suppliers who explained why such doors weren't the best option and both successfully sold me on alternatives. It's only price, £900 supply only against £2,600 fitted that will sway me. Had the higher priced company shown their prices online I wouldn't have called them, which you could argue would have saved them wasting their time and or denied them an opportunity to sell?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    Posted: Apr 22, 2021 By: Lucan Unlordly Member since: Feb 24, 2009
  3. Syd

Syd Full Member

64 2
    Thanks for the replies chaps

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 By: Syd Member since: Jul 6, 2018
  4. Syd

Syd Full Member

64 2
    Afternoon all, I've tried my best working with zero budget so please take a look at the "nearly" finished pages and let me know what you think, www.resiprodesigns.co.uk

As soon as I have enough images of real projects completed I will have a gallery on each page as validation etc and that also applies to reviews

I'm planning on adding CTA buttons to the 3 homepage product display sections too

Last edited: May 8, 2021
    Posted: May 8, 2021 By: Syd Member since: Jul 6, 2018
  5. AllUpHere

AllUpHere Contributor

3,933 1,644
    Which pages are nearly finished? There is very little actual content on the site.
    As I said earlier in the thread, it's a good effort. There's much worse copy on this site written by digital marketing 'experts'.

You could do with doing a bit of research to find out what actually drives clients to use your products. I'll give you a clue, the main ones aren't covered in your list of benefits.

How are you planning to drive traffic to the site. Depending on your answer, the site might be pretty much done, or barely even started; it completely depends on how you are getting eyes of prospective clients on the site.

Posted: May 8, 2021 By: AllUpHere Member since: Jun 30, 2014
  6. Syd

Syd Full Member

64 2
    Thanks for the reply Alluphere, so far the homepage, floors page, contact us and garages pages are finished "for now"

If I'm honest I'm pretty much maxed out on it now in regards to page builds, layouts and the content throughout the site so if anyone feels they can help me along then I'm happy to pay to get it completed

7. fisicx

fisicx Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

34,763 10,626
    @Syd, All I see is a load of repeated sales copy. You don't appear to have a CTA anywhere. There is a 'get in contact' form but that's not a CTA.

Remember, the only reason anyone will ever be on the site is because they want a resin floor. So there is no need to sell the product.

And most people will be using a phone. Look at the site on your phone and the homepage leads with your mugshot. A picture is good but put it in the footer.

The images of the colours look like worktop and tins of paint not a resin floor.

And I thought you were waiting for your man to come up with a marketing plan?

And your site scores 16/100 on Google's perfornance tests. You need to fix that. It's the theme causing most if the problems.

Think like a potential customer. Answer their queries about the installation rather than the benefits of the product.

Posted: May 8, 2021 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  8. AllUpHere

AllUpHere Contributor

3,933 1,644
    Don't give up now, you've got this far, if you have a sound plan to actually market the business you don't need to pay anyone to finish the site.

If you could tell us how you are getting people to the site, we can tell you what to do.

Posted: May 8, 2021 By: AllUpHere Member since: Jun 30, 2014
  9. Syd

Syd Full Member

64 2
    Initially it'll be Facebook/instagram, organic search, local monthly trade catalogue and leafleting

10. fisicx

fisicx Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

34,763 10,626
    My garage floor is flush with the driveway. The garage door forms a weathertight seal. The floor itself is stained and cracked and I have a manhole in the middle.

So I want to know, will your floor still give me a flush edge at the front? Will my door still seal? Will the old stains and cracks affect the resin? Will I still be able to access the manhole?

What about the shelving that is bolted to the floor? It's pretty much a permanent fixture, not each to remove. How do you cope wit this?

Tell me about all the things I need to know before I pick up the phone to book an appointment.

11. fisicx

fisicx Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

34,763 10,626
    In which case you need to rethink the whole site. People landing on the site are already thinking about getting a resin floor. Your job is to sell them the product not the idea.

But....

How do you know people are looking on FB/instagram for resin floors?

What keywords are you targeting? SEO isn't something you add onto a site, it has to be baked in before you write the first sentence.

12. Syd

Syd Full Member

64 2
    I'm working on the CTA's, they will be in the 3 sections on the homepage and I'll sort the product pages out too

I've hidden the mugshot in mobile view, the images of the colours on the garages page are to show the visitor which colours are available which are different from the normal resin floors

13. fisicx

fisicx Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

34,763 10,626
    No, don't hide the mugshot, put it in the footer. It should never be the main feature on the homepage. I'd also reconsider your use of hero images.

The three homepage sections are wrong. They don't do anything. All you need is a clickable image and caption.

Well done for doing all you have so far - but it's the wrong theme for your business and your marketing copy isn't lead generating (because of how you are getting people onto the site).

14. Fagin2021

Fagin2021 Full Member
    Contributor

353 225
    I like the site. As others have said, it's a lot better than many so-called professional designs. BUT - as I mentioned before, use Chrome developers tools (on the Chrome menu bar) to simulate how it looks on say, a Galaxy C5. It completely spoils your hard work.

Most of your Facebook/Instagram viewers will be using a mobile.

Posted: May 8, 2021 By: Fagin2021 Member since: Jan 27, 2021
  15. menetworkjadaltd

menetworkjadaltd Contributor

606 87
    Site performs well using Lighthouse (with the exception of Performance on mobile)

Design at a screen width <300px starts to break (homepage)

On the resin flooring page, you're offering a download colour chart as the first CTA, straight after you've sold the benefits of having the floor.

Do you think that is the best route to take the customer?

Posted: May 9, 2021 By: menetworkjadaltd Member since: Dec 14, 2011
  16. fisicx

fisicx Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

34,763 10,626
    Mobile is the only one that Google cares about: https://web.dev/measure/

Posted: May 9, 2021 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  17. menetworkjadaltd

menetworkjadaltd Contributor

606 87
    OK, so let's help him fix it