Shipping to Dubai (UAE)

Discussion in 'International Business' started by gbmdigital, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gbmdigital

gbmdigital UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Hi

I am looking for advice on shipping computer equipment,software and video equipment to Dubai.

I have been told that we would need an export license to ship the computer equipment which takes around 3 weeks to apply for.

The computers are high end Apple MacPro's which are being used for football analysis and delivery time has to be before the August 1st.

I have spoken to UPS and they said we do not need a license to ship but after reading the business link website it appears we might need one.

Your advice would be appreciated or suggestions on other options including using shipping agents.

Posted: Jul 19, 2010 By: gbmdigital Member since: Jul 19, 2010
  2. BristolBiz

BristolBiz UKBF Regular Free Member

184 61
    We've shipped quite a lot to that part of the world over the years, a commercial invoice has always been sufficient, they are one of the most relaxed customs regimes anywhere, alcohol excepted. They love stuff coming in, so I would agree with UPS on this one.

We've used both Fedex & UPS without undue problems, both handle things slightly better than average, having said that, you must package fragiles correctly.

Posted: Jul 19, 2010 By: BristolBiz Member since: Nov 5, 2008
  3. YarinTasneem

YarinTasneem UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    Hi gbmdigital,

You are looking for advice on shipping computer equipment,software and video equipment to Dubai. Okay!! I can give you advice from my own experience from shipping USA to UK.To shop from the United States, I've been using a free package forwarding service.Let me know if you need their address. You can communicate with them for shipping to Dubai, They have world wide package forwarding services.

[FONT=&quot]Thanks
    [/FONT]

Posted: Aug 8, 2010 By: YarinTasneem Member since: Jul 3, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.