Set up a restaurant..?

Discussion in 'Green Business' started by stiopa, Dec 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shef26

shef26 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

11 1

Posted: Jan 14, 2009 By: shef26 Member since: Dec 26, 2008
  2. imbbe

imbbe UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    No matter what, my restaurant will be grand opened on April. I set it up as a low cost meal restaurant that I have plan for years. And now it is time to excute it. To sit there dreaming is not the way I use to be. Good luck to me.

Posted: Jan 14, 2009 By: imbbe Member since: Dec 27, 2008
  3. Emily_09

Emily_09 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    It is quite true that incorporating an online food ordering software in your restaurant,s ordering services can help in proliferating your restaurant business, more importantly when you are going to start up a new restaurant. merosys.com offers an efficient and effective online food ordering system which acts as a catalyst in boosting up restaurant business.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
    Posted: Jan 17, 2009 By: Emily_09 Member since: Jan 17, 2009
  4. tony84

tony84 UKBF Big Shot Free Member

5,629 1,003
    It depends on the type of shop?

There is a place near where i live, they have a telephone (all hi tech stuff) you call them to ask if you can make an order, and they write it down, whilst your on the phone and tell you come down in 10 minutes.
    Also Subway offer a service where you take a menu and next to each sandwich they do it has a box to enter how many you would like and any extras and it then has a number to fax it to.

I wouldnt really do the fax machine as your not sure whether they have received it and then have to chase it up with a call but i suppose if there are a load of people its easier to just pass it around for everyone to write what they want?

The type of business hes talking about (via PMs) i think its more likely to be a sit in type place witht he option for a take out? although i could be totally wrong.
    Its all about cost, if the online system is cheap enough then it may be worth it i suppose.

Posted: Jan 17, 2009 By: tony84 Member since: Apr 14, 2008
  5. shef26

shef26 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

11 1
    When it comes to cost, online ordering helps a much in cutting the costs which a restaurateur often incurs in distributing paper/brochure based menus. Also it is much better than phone ordering as it does not leaves any chance of missing your order as the orders are sent via email to their mailbox

Posted: Jan 17, 2009 By: shef26 Member since: Dec 26, 2008
  6. Knife_fork_spoon

Knife_fork_spoon UKBF Newcomer Free Member

110 6
    The last comment i completly agree with! Silly hours, we work on average 100hours a week and its a high pressure job!

They reckon 50% of restaurants are going to shut this year due to the economic crisis. The F&B industry as a whole is suffering!

It's predicted the only restaurants to come out of the other end of this are the ones which are established, mid teir, loyal clientele who aren't effected as such by the economy.

Take it from me, there are some REAL bargains out there, we know a cometitor who would gladly take 5k for his pub lease - and its a VERY busy pub!

If you need any advice just shout, but I'd think VERY carefully before jump... you might just drown!

Posted: Jan 17, 2009 By: Knife_fork_spoon Member since: Apr 8, 2008
  7. huseye

huseye UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Nice report ,That is really good burger place i am like it ,And i just want to Share good information that related to delicious food ,That is really helpfully For all.
    -

Posted: Dec 14, 2010 By: huseye Member since: Dec 6, 2010
  8. td2011

td2011 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

271 33
    If you're opening for lunch in London you may want to think about the business lunch (depending on the area of course). I worked in a very popular restaurant in Bristol that didn't cater for the office workers in the area and it meant the place suffered and survived on it's evening trade alone.

Posted: May 6, 2011 By: td2011 Member since: Apr 6, 2011
  9. Getlivechat

Getlivechat UKBF Newcomer Free Member

20 1
    You could even have buffet lunch style which could be easily affordable. Have u thought about the cusine yet?

Posted: May 9, 2011 By: Getlivechat Member since: May 9, 2011
  10. xrange

xrange UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Your idea should be excellent compared to your competitors. Any business can grow if you have the right focus.

Posted: Jan 1, 2012 By: xrange Member since: Jan 1, 2012
  11. maddisondobson

maddisondobson UKBF Newcomer Free Member

14 0
    I think this is a great idea. Haha

Posted: Jan 19, 2012 By: maddisondobson Member since: Jan 19, 2012
  12. intelligas_service

intelligas_service UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Well, if you're looking for a company to provide FREE consultation and CAD design services for a new kitchen project then we can do this.
    Just let me know and I'll do what I can to help.

Posted: May 30, 2012 By: intelligas_service Member since: May 30, 2012
  13. Chris Ashdown

Chris Ashdown UKBF Legend Free Member

11,004 2,238
    Hey this post is from 2009, wonder what happened to the OP,
    99% it never happened

Posted: May 30, 2012 By: Chris Ashdown Member since: Dec 7, 2003
  14. steve2007

steve2007 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    I found a restaurant search site where you can add your business for free. Thought it was quite a good idea. It's a bit different to other sites. Anything that doesn't cost in the current economic climate is ok by me. It's called - great foodbook

Posted: Oct 1, 2012 By: steve2007 Member since: Oct 1, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.