Sales, Marketing & PR Brought to you by Adzooma

SEO: need directories

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by Milda Zakaite, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Milda Zakaite

Milda Zakaite UKBF Newcomer Free Member

9 0
    Hello, I am looking for directories/list of lifestyles online magazines based in the UK, what has Link juice and be open to upload quest content, does anybody have some ideas? o_O

Posted: Dec 12, 2017 By: Milda Zakaite Member since: Dec 12, 2017
  2. WebshopMechanic

WebshopMechanic UKBF Regular Full Member

258 103
    Milda, let me get this straight. You want us to provide link building opportunities for you?????
    Ha, funny.

OK, the chances of finding a directory that passes any decent link juice is slim to none. Most of them are no follow and who uses directories these days anyhow?? Chances of sending traffic are pretty much zilch.

You'd be better off trying to feature high quality content on sites that are relevant to yours or your clients. Yes, it takes leg work but it's the right way to build links.

Anyhow, here's a list of UK directories that took me 3 seconds to Google - http://www.paulhoda.co.uk/list-of-all-web-directories-hosted-in-uk/

Matt

Posted: Dec 12, 2017 By: WebshopMechanic Member since: Apr 27, 2017
  3. Milda Zakaite

9 0
    Hey, Matt,
    thanks for the reply. :p I got me wrong.
    I mean, I want to collaborate with online magazines because I have really good articles but the main problem, that from 100 emails, only 3 responded that they don't want to upload any post or it cost like 1000+ and it is nor worth. I am thinking, maybe I don't know how to google normal online lifestyle magazines which one be open for cooperation with me. :/
    but still thanks!

4. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

29,282 8,627
    They get hundreds of requests like this everyday. They don't want your articles, they can write their own that don't have your links in them.

Posted: Dec 12, 2017 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  5. WebshopMechanic

WebshopMechanic UKBF Regular Full Member

258 103
    Outreach to bloggers is tough because they all want paying these days. Well, they have built up audiences so why wouldn't they? They also don't want their own message diluted unless the content is truly awesome and will make them look good in front of their audience.

It's also quite annoying when someone says, 'do you want to feature my article?', when they know damn well you are only trying to get a link. ;-) There's literally nothing in it for them.

You need to add value to them or reward them in some way. So, why don't you turn your strategy on it's head?

An easier way to gain links might be to ask them for an article. Tell them you love what they do and that you want to feature them on YOUR site. Say you'll also share their article across your social media channels and in your newsletter.

When they provide you with the content, publish and do as you promised. Then, thank them for the content and ask if they would share the link across their channels.

You've stroked their ego and every blogger I know (apart from the really big guys) wants to share the fact that they've been featured as an expert.

Round-up posts work well for this.

Hope that helps.

Posted: Dec 12, 2017 By: WebshopMechanic Member since: Apr 27, 2017
  6. Milda Zakaite

9 0
    Yes, you are right. By that the point I am not able to make this movement like " I will share you on social media". or " please write me an article". My responsibility is to publish the articles in sites and it's ********.
    But you put the idea into my head, I'm going talk to my manager. :) Thanks

7. Milda Zakaite

9 0
    you know, there is some site what needs content. I had internship abroad so a lot of libraries or local news wanted articles. So, I am thinking could be the same? I tried to write some local news, but still, they did not reply. o_O

8. fisicx

29,282 8,627
    Like I said, they get hundreds of requests like yours. I get a dozen or so each day.

I get no benefit from publishing these articles. Most only exist to generate a link back to your site.

Tell your manager to give up on this endeavour.

Posted: Dec 12, 2017 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  9. Milda Zakaite

9 0
    I understand but there is organization strategy goals, and why somebody pay money for us. So do you have any others ideas to suggest how I should to fix it? I mean, where I should to ask, I can pay of course.

Posted: Dec 13, 2017 By: Milda Zakaite Member since: Dec 12, 2017
  10. fisicx

29,282 8,627
    What you are doing isn't new. Loads of people offer guest posts. They do it because they mistakenly believe the link will have value. It doesn't.

Publish the content on your own website. It's the best place for the articles.

Posted: Dec 13, 2017 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  11. StevePoster

StevePoster UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

953 137
    Forget directories (almost dead since then) and article submissions (some of the reputable sites are either closed for sale domain or doesn't accept registration as well as not accepting content anymore) the main website is still the best home for your fresh and regular content.

Posted: Dec 18, 2017 By: StevePoster Member since: Nov 29, 2013
  12. Milda Zakaite

9 0

Yes, I agree, but how people will find my content if there aren't any backlinks to my page.
    still, thank you guys!

Posted: Dec 19, 2017 By: Milda Zakaite Member since: Dec 12, 2017
  13. fisicx

29,282 8,627
    People searching for information will find your content if Google deems it a good match for the search.

It's not difficult, people have been doing this for years.

The more pertinent question is: what are you hoping to achieve? Do you just want people to read your articles or is there an action you want them to take?

Posted: Dec 19, 2017 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  14. traffic_ace

traffic_ace UKBF Contributor Free Member

89 5
    There came into Egypt a man who did not know.... All types of websites that are 'unheard of' are actually known by upto 1 million plus visitors and some..... - that is to say as the poster said above eg:

which is 100% correct. Such sites have built up these audiences over the years, so even though their rankings 'suggest' a low rank etc, it means nothing as each website's traffic is the key to its success, so you'll never get anywhere without using such sites, which means a bit more research needs to be done other than trusting what Google says :rolleyes:

You must contact the owners of every site of interest to find out what traffic levels each site gets - and yes, ofcourse, naturally anything good will cost a fee.

I can't imagine an issue about revealing traffic levels to potential clients, unless a publisher feels its a waste of time due to small amounts of fees being offered eg: £15 per blog post. Although don't expect traffic details to be published on the sites themselves, for that you'll need to contact directly.

One site I visted recently did display its traffic levels - the site was featured heavily in the national media and claimed traffic of 1 million per year. So you see, a bit of research really helps a lot, as you never know who or what you're dealing with, so leave silly assumptions aside and never judge a website by what Google says.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    Posted: Dec 19, 2017 By: traffic_ace Member since: Aug 13, 2017
  15. Milda Zakaite

9 0
    in another hand, you aren't right. Because good backlinks have the effective impact for google ranking. IT hard to find a good content if you are in the last google pages.

Posted: Jan 2, 2018 By: Milda Zakaite Member since: Dec 12, 2017
  16. LanaW

LanaW UKBF Newcomer Free Member

17 0
    Try to look for them on BHW. Or you can find people who can do all you need there.

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 By: LanaW Member since: Dec 22, 2017
  17. Honey Blinds

Honey Blinds UKBF Contributor Free Member

38 3
    Publish quality articles on your own site, a long, detailed and interesting article may generate genuine links from people or organisations that believe your content has real value.

Posted: Jan 13, 2018 By: Honey Blinds Member since: Jan 10, 2018
  18. traffic_ace

traffic_ace UKBF Contributor Free Member

89 5
    It doesn't matter when you own a site with a influx of 200k visitors per year. Most established quality directories will have around the 30k to 100k traffic flow, the lower untargeted leagues will get far less to practically worthless traffic, this is why you need to get the true traffic figures from the owners by requesting it! - looking at their inbound link count won't tell you a thing.

Ofcourse every business needs links and any good placement will cost, so you have a choice, either pay or never get the link profile or crucial clients your business needs to survive. I said 'survive' not even talking about prospering until you get those basics right first.

Posted: Jan 13, 2018 By: traffic_ace Member since: Aug 13, 2017
  19. voidless_

voidless_ UKBF Newcomer Free Member

6 1
    Your response rate seems to be too low. Maybe you should consider changing your email content? Or your topic is not attractive enough. Try to think about what's the buzz about these days in the niche and maybe offer a provocative topic. Hopefully, your topic may be very interesting so some website will like to post about it.

Posted: Jan 15, 2018 By: voidless_ Member since: Dec 27, 2017
  20. Daffa Zaky

Daffa Zaky UKBF Newcomer Full Member

2 0
    for uk based directory, I like botw.org.uk

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 By: Daffa Zaky Member since: Feb 5, 2018