SEO and UKBF

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by tombierh, Dec 7, 2018.

1. tombierh

tombierh UKBF Newcomer Free Member

9 1
    Quick question to all the SEO and UKBF experts out there. I saw that if you pay the membership fee you get to put a link into your signature (and you can also place links into posts). I checked a few sample source codes and saw that there is no "nofollow" tag in the URL of members who paid. Does UKBF show up in anyone's Google Search Console as a backlink source?

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 By: tombierh Member since: Nov 25, 2018
  2. NickGrogan

NickGrogan UKBF Ace Free Member

1,694 360
    yes links show although not all of them.

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 By: NickGrogan Member since: Nov 15, 2012
  3. JEREMY HAWKE

JEREMY HAWKE UKBF Legend Full Member

3,711 1,199
    I can tell you that being a member and having this link on UKBF helps your SEO

I see the tag free member for some people here and I am at a loss to why they cant afford 36 quid :eek::eek:

Posted: Dec 8, 2018 By: JEREMY HAWKE Member since: Mar 4, 2008
  4. Blaby Loyal

Blaby Loyal UKBF Ace Full Member

1,016 192
    I spend mine on skunk :D

Posted: Dec 8, 2018 By: Blaby Loyal Member since: Jun 12, 2018
  5. billybob99

billybob99 UKBF Regular Free Member

661 117
    Maybe because not everyone wants a cruddy back link from UKBF.

Posted: Dec 9, 2018 By: billybob99 Member since: Apr 23, 2013
  6. StephenSumner

StephenSumner UKBF Contributor Full Member

96 28
    I honestly would not put any real SEO value on forum signature links from any forum.

Posted: Dec 19, 2018 By: StephenSumner Member since: Oct 15, 2016
  7. JEREMY HAWKE

JEREMY HAWKE UKBF Legend Full Member

3,711 1,199
    I don't like saying things without the evidence
    Last year we were working on a large utility contract . This was a lot of work and we stopped the SEO for a year .

It became evident that this site was helping the SEO .
    In addition to that your business has a link on the biggest business forum in Europe and you only pay 40 quid :eek:

Posted: Dec 19, 2018 By: JEREMY HAWKE Member since: Mar 4, 2008
  8. StephenSumner

StephenSumner UKBF Contributor Full Member

96 28
    I'd not risk my business website with signature links even if you think you are getting results from it. I will leave this here... https://cl.ly/cf13d4984fd6

Secondly, I used to work at one of the top UK SEO agencies and for a while, I led the penalty and algorithms recovery dept, forum signatures and sitewide footer links were nearly always in play when we dealt with either Google Penguin algorithm or Manual Penalties relating to unnatural links.

£40 might seem like good value until your site tanks, then you might need to spend thousands getting someone who knows about the subject to unwind the mess.

Posted: Dec 19, 2018 By: StephenSumner Member since: Oct 15, 2016
  9. Calvin Crane

Calvin Crane UKBF Regular Full Member

171 28
    I find it quite curious that we assume nofollow is meaning that google ignore it's value.
    Google of course get to choose what they do with a nofollow link. Yes it doesn't pass authority but it doesn't mean it is ignored entirely by google. It would not make sense for them to ignore the links they are not going to follow the link however they most likely know the destination already so can use logic as to what to do with it. So for example 100 nofollow = 1 follow if you see what I mean...
    Natural users click links and follow and that will likely earn you points with google too. It has been shown that links of a dofollow nature are good to have (so long as they lead to good relevant pages) rather than no links in a page. So that leads me to wonder why it is so hard to get them! Some sites have a blanket do not link out anywhere policy.

Posted: Dec 19, 2018 By: Calvin Crane Member since: Jun 8, 2018