www.aerin.co.uk
Upvote 0

webgeek

Free Member
May 19, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Thank you.

I don't get it.

1) Someone with a handful of posts gives advice from 5-7 years ago.

2) It's debunked and clearly shown to be bad business advice by a half-dozen regulars with 2,000 to 25,000 posts and probably 10,000+ thanks/useful's combined.

3) That bad advice is touted as something good.

Seriously, why do I bother?

Reactions: Tin and Clinton
Upvote 0

fisicx

Business Listing
Sep 12, 2006
Aldershot
www.aerin.co.uk
SEO begins on site. Get this sorted and most of your work is done.

You can then use the many suggestions in this thread to market the site but they won't help your ranking.

The links that will help your ranking are citations and referrals. You have to earn these, they aren't the sort of links you can get for free.

Upvote 0

Jeny055

Free Member
May 23, 2017
I don't get it.

1) Someone with a handful of posts gives advice from 5-7 years ago.

2) It's debunked and clearly shown to be bad business advice by a half-dozen regulars with 2,000 to 25,000 posts and probably 10,000+ thanks/useful's combined.

3) That bad advice is touted as something good.

Seriously, why do I bother?
"Thank you", because the person did not spread a pointless discussion here. But he wrote what he thought could be useful for me. And he did not demonstrate tremendous discussion abilities in providing, in fact, general information.
By the way, no one here from great professionals didn't say smth concrete, only general information about nothing and about everything.
Thank you for your comment.

Upvote 0

Jeny055

Free Member
May 23, 2017
SEO begins on site. Get this sorted and most of your work is done.

You can then use the many suggestions in this thread to market the site but they won't help your ranking.

The links that will help your ranking are citations and referrals. You have to earn these, they aren't the sort of links you can get for free.
Ok, thank you. I will try to find the correct information from that caw :). Nothing personal, just description of what is happening here between all of you. With my great respect :)

Reactions: quikshop
Upvote 0

Jeny055

Free Member
May 23, 2017
By the way, gentlemen, I saw some of the commenters wanted to audit someone site. If you discuss here in this field, maybe you do the audit of my site. You can discuss who did it better :) or correctly ;) It will be much more eloquent than all your disputes and comments throwing. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

GraemeL

Pain in the neck?
Free Member
Sep 7, 2011
Cambridge, UK
I am sorry about the messy argument that your request provoked @Jeny055 . My perception is that this sort of quarrel is quite frequent amongst 'SEO Experts', much more frequent than by any other contributors. I suspect that this is because it is easy to claim to be an expert and use complex words to prove it so. Personally I am an idiot with technical stuff and I don't have an axe to grind so I cannot a view about who and what are right and wrong.

What I can suggest is that to avoid you being flummoxed by experts, you do learn more about some of the basic techniques that are used. @Tin has taken the risk of writing a very full and lengthy training course about many elements of SEO, that is great value for money. https://www.freshbananas.co.uk/ I deliberately used the words 'risk' because having committed pen to paper (as it were), he can be easily criticised or shot down. Others who claim to be experts and who indeed may be experts, have not been able to pass their expertise on without you paying them to carry out the wizardly on your behalf on an ongoing basis- and you would likely be non the wiser about what they had done for you.

Strongly recommend you take the course.
best wishes
Graeme

Reactions: Simon.P and Tin
Upvote 0

webgeek

Free Member
May 19, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
You'd possibly get more help when people, such as myself, pop by your Edinburgh office to say hello, but can't find it at the listed address because it's a virtual business address.

Just as an aside, when you do use a virtual office, which is not necessarily a bad thing, it's often a good idea to put a message on your site so people don't pop in unexpectedly and not find you there. Something about secure facility, meetings available upon advance appointment...

If you want quality backlinks consider some of the following who are in the tech sector. Then, to get published, post a tender request here, asking for someone who can write and publish content on one of the sites, asking what their admin/publishing fee is for doing so - or write and submit to the editors yourself and cut out the middle man:
Engadget.com
Computer.org
Sitepoint.com
Webs.com
Developer.com
WebsiteMagazine.com
Tech.co

Alternatively, given the size of your team and scope of the company resources, just hire a competent SEO who knows the UK landscape. Optimising, building links and trying to win globally is incredibly difficult. It's much easier to divide into UK and USA, localise, target and attack. Given the UK virtual address, perhaps UK first and rest of the world after....

Upvote 0
Except these suggestions don't work.
Yikes, I actually agree with Graham for a change.

What's the world coming to?

Upvote 0

Jeny055

Free Member
May 23, 2017
Yikes, I actually agree with Graham for a change.

What's the world coming to?
You wrote a lot of information :), but I still have to repeat my remark I've made for your hottest opponent: "And which ones work? can I find here (аmong this noise who is smarter than whom) some information that will be useful for me and will answer my question?" :) And I'm really glad you've found a common ground.
You offered to audit the site, I would not mind if you'll do this :)

Upvote 0
Hi Jenny, Of course I'll take a look at your site. What's the address?

Upvote 0

webgeek

Free Member
May 19, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
You wrote a lot of information :), but I still have to repeat my remark I've made for your hottest opponent: "And which ones work? can I find here (аmong this noise who is smarter than whom) some information that will be useful for me and will answer my question?" :) And I'm really glad you've found a common ground.
You offered to audit the site, I would not mind if you'll do this :)

Sorry I wasn't very clear. I meant to ask, who are you referring to in this post when you say 'you'?

Upvote 0

Kat Haylock

Community Editor
UKBF Staff
Jul 11, 2016
I've removed a huge number of posts in this thread for being insulting, patronising, provocative or just off topic. As the OP correctly pointed out, the discussion was about nothing and about everything, rather than being about answering the original query.

In order to render the thread vaguely readable (emphasis on the 'vague'), I also had to remove or edit a number of posts that would've been fine normally, but were far too entangled in the rest of the arguments to make any sense alone - apologies to everyone who took the time to write those posts.

Feel free to continue the debate in your own private inboxes, but otherwise, please focus on answering the OP.

Thank you.

Reactions: WoottonSEO
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Subscribe to our newsletters

ukbf logo
ukbf logo

Real community whatever your business.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu