SEO and backlinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeny055

Free Member
May 23, 2017
Hello, everyone,

I am doing SEO for the site of app development company. Please share your opinions - How can I get proper backlinks? Is it better to buy backlinks or use other tools like blog posting, forums, listing, catalogs and so on? Do you know good platform for backlinks buying? And what is the best way/service for backlinks and sites analyzing?

Thank you!

fisicx

Business Listing
Sep 12, 2006
Aldershot
www.aerin.co.uk
I am doing SEO for the site of app development company.
Really?

If you have to ask this sort of question on a business forum then you aren't the right person for the job. Get the company to pay for professional SEO services.

Or do this course: https://www.freshbananas.co.uk/ It will tell you how to fix the site (it needs lot of fixing) and then you will understand a bit more about SEO.

Sorry to be so blunt but the suggestion you made will not help your ranking at all. In fact they might make things worse

Upvote 0

Jeny055

Free Member
May 23, 2017
The one secret to backlinks is to not be lazy and not aim for the easiest links.

One way to not be lazy is to plug the "backlinks" search term into the search box on this site and read a few of the current threads already discussing this subject.
Thanks for your reply. Very weighty remark, but nevertheless...

Upvote 0

Jeny055

Free Member
May 23, 2017
Upvote 0

fisicx

Business Listing
Sep 12, 2006
Aldershot
www.aerin.co.uk
Why not? I just want to hear the thoughts of skilled persons and this discussion is in 'SEO, PPC and Online Marketing'
The skilled persons on this forum make their money doing SEO. They aren't going to give away all their secrets for free.
What prompted you to this point? You've seen a lot of bugs or errors on our site?
It has very poor on site SEO (which is more important than backlinks). There are all sorts of other issues with the site and the UX. If you want a website review join UKBF as a full member.

A 32Mb homepage and 117 server requests isn't good. I can't even get the page to fully load.

Upvote 0

Jeny055

Free Member
May 23, 2017
They aren't going to give away all their secrets for free.
Thanks again. Despite the fact that you did not tell me your secrets for free :), you gave me food for thought. I think you correctly defined our site.
join UKBF as a full member.
I'm sure I should if I want some advice of skilled people ...

Upvote 0

fisicx

Business Listing
Sep 12, 2006
Aldershot
www.aerin.co.uk
That's just the tip of the iceberg. There is one huge and glaring UX problem with the site that I'm amazed nobody in the company has spotted. And one ginormous SEO issue that needs fixing before you do anything else.

Reactions: Jeny055
Upvote 0

Jeny055

Free Member
May 23, 2017
That's just the tip of the iceberg. There is one huge and glaring UX problem with the site that I'm amazed nobody in the company has spotted. And one ginormous SEO issue that needs fixing before you do anything else.
That's why I asked for advice here (I'm new here, what is why I didn't know that this forum is not the classic forum, but the place for doing business mainly). Thank you for your time. I will try to find these obvious for you, but cryptic for me issues. But I'm still would not refuse the help :) Thank you one more time.

Reactions: Nick Arthur
Upvote 0

fisicx

Business Listing
Sep 12, 2006
Aldershot
www.aerin.co.uk
There are lots of people here who could help but website reviews are only for full members. If I posted advice the post would be deleted by a moderator.

Upvote 0

fisicx

Business Listing
Sep 12, 2006
Aldershot
www.aerin.co.uk
Why is it cruel?

If I built an app and asked your team to review and suggest improvements would they do it for free? Maybe they would once but what if 100 people asked for help?

Upvote 0

justinaldridge

Legacy Full Member
Sep 26, 2013
Sussex
artemis.marketing
Reactions: Jeny055
Upvote 0

Certa-Hosting

Legacy Full Member
Mar 6, 2017
You will need to create online content that will engage people and influence the algorithms used to order search engine results pages. It is important to know that search engine optimisation isn’t all about content. The actual construction of your site is very important, from page structure to a responsive design that resizes on smaller screens. There are some components of a website that are invisible but important for algorithms.

Reactions: Nick Arthur
Upvote 0
App Development, eh? That sounds like it should be fairly straight forward. Personally, I would focus on generating a presence on social media sites where app development is the primary topic. By getting involved in the conversations there; you'll be adding value, increasing visibility and also generating backlinks from high authority, relevant sites.. Off the top of my head I suggest sharing advice and knowledge on sites like Stackoverflow, Github, Yahoo Answers, Android Forums and Inbound.org (amongst many others). I've been featured on Inbound a number of times, and it's great for tech marketing exposure and gives you some pretty strong backlinks back to your site (as well as a free t-shirt at Christmas). I would also think about perhaps putting together some basic beginner tutorials together on Teamtreehouse, Youtube. The options are endless.

Upvote 0

fisicx

Business Listing
Sep 12, 2006
Aldershot
www.aerin.co.uk
<responds to removed post>

The fact I don't offer SEO services (anymore) doesn't mean I'm not aware of the nuances (I spend a huge amount of time on research).

There is nothing personal in my posts. You will find a huge number of arguments on UKBF often between people who get on very well. But the SEO threads are always contentious just like everywhere else on the interweb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
<edited>

Onsite SEO is important; but it comes nowhere in terms of importance as obtaining authority - (acquired as a result of an organic back-link profile generated through external marketing efforts - hence demonstrating how SEO and Online Marketing are inter-related).

You can have perfect onsite SEO but if you don't have high quality back-links you're not going to rank for anything but the lowest competition long tail keywords.

If you want to rank in top positions on highly competitive, high volume keywords; for example "Web Hosting" - which I have done in the past by the way; you need to have tons of back links from the most relevant highest authority sites going.

Now the usual route for optimising a website is, getting the onsite done first, and then moving onto offsite factors - because high quality onsite SEO, means that you offset the need for as many (particularly keyword rich) back-links/references etc. moving forward; as your maximising the onsite relevancy and positive usability signals for Google in advance.

Now for those who are interested - a solid approach to link generation is the concept of competitor emulation. Using Moz, Majestic, Ahrefs etc. you can compile a weighted list of all your competitors back-links. Copy a number of your competitors as much as you can and you eventually end up with the sum of their best links - ultimately propelling you ahead in terms of site authority and therefore rankings.

Combine this competitor emulation approach with decent high quality content that is useful and relevant to end users and it doesn't matter what industry you are in; you will have a winning strategy - that gives you ranking and all fantastic social signals.

Onsite SEO simply just doesn't cut it - because provided you've got enough quality links pointing at your site; you can rank anything - even if a site's onsite SEO is absolute rubbish.

Examples being eBay, Amazon, pretty much most Football clubs.

These larger brands tend to leverage the power of heavily linked to domains; to rank under optimised sites (from an onsite perspective) well on the SERPs.

Which in a way does actually provides an opportunity to small companies that do happen to get their onsite SEO upto scratch - hence being part of the reason why onsite shouldn't be neglected.

A more accurate weighting for onsite/offsite is probably around 20/80.

<edited>

Best Regards,

Peter Wootton

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Subscribe to our newsletters

ukbf logo
ukbf logo

Real community whatever your business.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu