Sending an e-invoice to a European Business

Discussion in 'International Business' started by SallyOne, Jan 11, 2021.

1. SallyOne

SallyOne UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Hi guys,

I have some questions and I am hoping someone can help me out.

A few of my clients in Finland have refused all other types of invoices than e-invoices, how does on set these up and what do I need to consider? I don't have any more specific queries, I just know they have specific formats for their e-invoices, I need an ERP to send these from and a provider (for conversion) - I wondered if there was a simple UK solution for this.

It is all very confusing, so if you know who/what to turn to or have any advice on it yourselves - would be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,
    SallyOne

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 By: SallyOne Member since: Jan 11, 2021
  2. 2JP

2JP UKBF Contributor Free Member

96 8
    Firstly, how many invoices will you be sending them per year? Though the EU legislation came in for EU government bodies to only accept e-invoices, only some countries have adopted this so far and those that have contain many organisations who have been pragmatic and allowed the definition of e-invoice to extend to pdfs for those suppliers who they infrequently deal with (e.g. fewer than 5 invoices per year). The definition of e-invoice varies depending on who you talk to.

Otherwise, do a search on this forum for "e-invoice" (include the quote marks). You should find a few starters. I won't rant here - see other posts.

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 By: 2JP Member since: Dec 10, 2017