Selling On Amazon

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by Mister B, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danny156

danny156 UKBF Regular Free Member

140 5
    Flat file is on an excel template
    it is hard to get your head round to start with but once you get the hang of it, it is much faster and easier to bulk change information

When doing it through Amazon it should have given you the option of creating your item as a parent and adding variations but you need to specify that there are variations??

Can you go into the listing now and 'Edit Variations' and add the children you need?

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 By: danny156 Member since: Jan 11, 2011
  2. loganmcqueen

loganmcqueen UKBF Newcomer Free Member

29 1
    Ive tried to edit the product details & the listing details but i cant find nothing relating to variations. Amazon so far is a little bit complicated me thinks :)

Still ive had a few more sales today. Ive got some boilersuits to list and they come in 10 different sizes with regular and tall leg, which is 20 variations. I really dont want to list 20 times:eek:

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 By: loganmcqueen Member since: Aug 9, 2009
  3. kulture

kulture UKBF Legend Staff Member

7,887 2,146
    Why not phone Amazon Customer service. After all they are there to help you make more sales and thus them more money.

Posted: Jun 3, 2011 By: kulture Member since: Aug 11, 2007
  4. Jake_Howie

Jake_Howie UKBF Newcomer Free Member

20 0
    Customer service all the way - in my experience, they are more than willing to help out.

Posted: Jun 3, 2011 By: Jake_Howie Member since: May 25, 2011
  5. danny156

140 5
    They always seem to just give stock replies and never answer the questions that I ask

Posted: Jun 3, 2011 By: danny156 Member since: Jan 11, 2011
  6. Jake_Howie

Jake_Howie UKBF Newcomer Free Member

20 0
    Hi Danny, I am actually an avid Amazon user, and I also have found their site difficult at times. I once called up about some problems I was experiecing with my account, and they were surprisingly accommodating. It always pays to call the numbers provided - some are useless, but in my experience Amazon's were good. Best of luck!

Posted: Jun 3, 2011 By: Jake_Howie Member since: May 25, 2011
  7. danny156

140 5
    Dont get me wrong I love Amazon - its brilliant - just its disappointing that certain aspects dont match the rest

Posted: Jun 3, 2011 By: danny156 Member since: Jan 11, 2011
  8. SellerExpress Ltd

SellerExpress Ltd UKBF Newcomer Full Member

46 7
    It's also worth considering selling on Amazon Germany and France (and even US and Japan depending on your products). It's a good way to increase sales and to ensure that all your eggs are not in one basket.
    PlayTrade are also expanding their categories (they recently opened a Sports and Leisure category), so I'd recommend giving them a go as well.

If you need help manage your inventory levels, auto repricing etc across these marketplaces please feel free to sign up for our free 30 day trial of SellerExpress.com

Posted: Jun 5, 2011 By: SellerExpress Ltd Member since: Jun 21, 2010
  9. MatthewOgborne

MatthewOgborne UKBF Newcomer Free Member

105 23
    Howdy Mister B,

Amazon, just like eBay is an amazing platform to sell on. With both, they require different tactics, however if they are both customer orientated, you'll be fine!

Posted: Jun 10, 2011 By: MatthewOgborne Member since: Jan 26, 2011
  10. soiled.tomato

soiled.tomato UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Amazon is a breeding pool for scam and fraud... The only recourse for anyone that's gotten screwed by the not so customer friendly company is using the same tactics back against them. Yes, if your a buyer you get the short end of the stick. If your a seller the same applies to you as well. For more details just ask.

Posted: Jul 31, 2014 By: soiled.tomato Member since: Jul 31, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.